Chapter 21

Fuck, I thought as I raced down the stairs trying to locate where exactly my mate was. A few children and woman ran past me.

Trying to hide the kids most probably. I knew normally females don't fight but I couldn't just sit back.

I was a white wolf and even though it was a royal pain in the ass, I had my abilities for a reason. I wasn't that sort of girl. I could get down and dirty. My pack was at stake and I wouldn't just stand back. 

I spotted Tyler on the other side of the clearing where the bon fire was just moments before. People were running and scattered everywhere almost like sitting ducks. I tried to forget what was happening and zone in on my senses. I could hear the leader of the rouges telling them the plan 

"Wipe out as many wolves as possible and then we'll attempt to take over".

Yeah right, over my dead body.

 I sent what I had heard to Tyler and he took action immediately ordering the rogues deaths. 

"Kaylie go back to the pack house, I can't risk you getting hurt".

"No way Tyler, I have these abilities for a reason. I will not back down from a fight. This is my pack too. Besides, you can use me. I have fought before, I am stronger and faster than most of the wolves here and I can hear what the enemies are thinking or have you forgotten" I smirked, though still angry. 

"Fine but stay close to me". 

I didn't answer. I got into the battle and took out as many as I could still sending information to Tyler so that he had the best possible opportunity. Rouges were emerging from everywhere.

I cornered one before I bit into his leg before hearing him howl. I knew he was of high rank from his sheer size. He shifted back into human form due to his injuries. I grabbed a silver stake that I had found and jammed it into his leg. He screamed even more but I knew I had hit his target. Silver stopped us from healing and I needed him weak. 

Images of Nate flashed through my mind as he was shot with a silver bullet. Him on the floor as the life drained out of him, his last words to me.

"Listen to me Kaylie, you win this fight, you take out all of these hunters and you'll be happy. Leave here after this is over, go, and start your new life. You deserve to be happy. I'll always be in your heart sis. I'll always love and protect you. Remember me..."

 I could not let that affect me. I could not let me weakness take over.

I had also shifted back into my human form so I could interrogate him. I kneeled down so I was level with him. He had his back against the tree and I called Tyler over along with a few of the members from our troops who protected and fought for the pack. 

"What is it that you were ordered to do exactly?" I asked.

He looked at me with wide eyes as if he was hesitating before he finally answered. 

"We were ordered to come and wipe out this pack. Word on the street is that a little she wolfs left her daddy's pack to come to this one. Her father wanted us to kill the pack and bring back his daughter. He wants the pack for himself and to punish his daughter for abandoning her pack and her family".

That was when I lost it. I ripped out his throat and shifted. I ran into the woods letting my feet hit the ground.

What a fucking asshole.

I was so angry.

My own father could plan this, possibly killing my family, my mate and all he cares about. He had no right to do what he did. He wanted to kill all those innocent people because he is too selfish and wants everything for himself.

I sat down on my hind legs and howled at the sky. I could not believe he was my father. He fucking disgusted me. That fucking pig. 

I did not notice that Tyler had come and sat beside me.

"Kaylie it's going to be alright". I knew he could hear everything that I was thinking just like I could hear and see his. 

We both shifted back into human form. 

I started crying and put my head in my hands. Tyler pulled me into his arms so that I was sitting with my back against his chest. I knew I was safe with him.

"Everyone is going to hate me once they know" I said between sobs so it came out "everyone's eh gonna ha-hate -meh once they know".

"They won't hate you. They all know about your father. You could not stand him and he did not treat you well, he forced you into something that did not concern you. He made you fight the hunters resulting in your brother's death. A hunter may have killed him but it was your father's fault for causing that fight to start. He is power hungry. He wants to control everyone around him. He is a greedy son of a bitch and he does not deserve you as his daughter. I am so sorry babe".

I could not reply to him. The tears just kept streaming down my face and I could not stop it. I felt utterly powerless. The world seemed so fucked up. 

"Let me take you somewhere".

I just nodded.

I followed him close behind. He turned around and grabbed my hand. Further, ahead there was a clearing. Once we reached the clearing, I spotted a lake. The clear water sparkled under the moonlight.

 It was as if a thousand blue fairy lights were in the water. It was truly magical. At that moment, I felt peaceful.

"Do you really think that they won't hate me?"

"Of course they won't. You are such a beautiful girl. You are so strong and courageous. You put everyone before yourself and you are so caring. You are going to make a great Luna. You could be selfish and want to keep your abilities for yourself but you use your abilities to help others. You are such an amazing person and the love of my life".

I just could not help but smile. He was right, I was nothing like my dad and I had proved that to the pack. I stood by them through the rogue attack and I did not turn my back on them.  They all knew whom my loyalty was with.

"I'll be okay," I said to him.

"Then let me take you home".

*

After a quick meeting with the pack about the attack, we decided that tomorrow we would be meeting again to discuss our plan of action.

 I voted that I wanted to take revenge on my father. I wanted him to suffer for what he wanted to do to my new pack.

To kill off packs just to claim land and a pack was one of our greatest laws. Death is the penalty for breaking such laws. I did not want to be the one to kill my father but he was found guilty. 

Tyler led me back to the pack house and ran me a hot shower. I sat on the floor and let the water pour over me. When I was bothered enough I got up and dried myself off before climbing into bed with Tyler. He wrapped his arms around me protectively and I laid my head on his chest. He kissed my forehead. 

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I said as I felt the weight finally take over and my eyelids closed. I drifted off to sleep with his words echoing in my head. 

I love you.