Chapter 7

"Ready to train sugar?" Tyler asked winking at me.

It amazes me how I get roped into things and how my 'mate' ends up being the personal trainer from hell.

"Sure thing buttercup."

If he wanted to get cocky then I sure as hell would give it back to him.

After all I was supposed to be an expert at sarcasm.

As soon as we had discovered that we were mates we were told we had to get stuck into training. My mind hadn't even come to terms with the fact that I was supposed to be in love with this guy, who I had never met, because why wolf genes told me too?

I mean sure the guy was hot, but I knew him about as well as I knew the bar of soap in my shower.

"I would love to be that soap" he said standing in front of me with inhuman speed.

"One that is not normal and I need to get used to the idea of having you around, two don't listen to my thoughts and three don't you dare think about me naked or in a shower."

He just smirked at me. I could tell that would either piss me off or make me weak at the knees. For my sake, I was hoping it was going to piss me off.

"Well you need to learn to stay focused. We can get to know each other after the session so first I want to test out your speed" he said lining up tape to mark out where I would sprint.

"Go!" he said with absolutely no warning but I still managed to take off.

I sprinted fast as I could towards the end of the tape. He stopped the stop watch and glanced at me.

"How'd I do?" I asked panting.

"You could be so much faster" he said.

"Right" I had always been fast and everyone knew that. I would have to show Tyler just was he was dealing with.

"You think just because you have added abilities you can slacken off, hell no you'll work harder, you'll be faster, besides I want my mate looking super-hot, I can't have an average girl by my side."

"You really are full of it aren't you" I said walking off, making sure I wiggled my hips trying to drive him mad with desire. He clearly did not know me well.

"I will get to know you and prove to me than just how 'fast' you are then."

"Fine I'll race you" I said. I was always up for a challenge.

"Bring it."

A small crowd had gathered by now, among them my cousin, Daniel, Sam and of course Nate. I had to win this war. I would not be proving myself right, but I would be showing my father how much I thought he sucked.

Who in the world would risk their own daughter's life? All I wanted was my freedom, something I had been deprived of. I walked down to the end of the tape and set myself up.

I was going to win this.

I let myself go and give in to my inner wolf.

I would be fierce.

I could do this.

"Forget your father, just breathe and relax" came Tyler's voice in my head so only I could hear.

"On your marks, get set, GO!" came someone from the crowd.

I let go and just ran, forgetting everything that was plaguing me.

"Tie" I heard someone yell.

"Looks like we are even baby doll" he said, slapping me on my ass.

I walked up to him with a plan in my head. Once I was standing in front of him a good distance away I spoke.

"Since we're mates and all I think we should get to know each other better babe, being lifelong partners" I winked.

"Yeah I like that idea only I have more I mind then just talking sweetie."

I walked close to him so that our faces were less than a centimetre apart and our noses were almost touching, I leaned in slightly before backing off and grabbing his hand. I led him to the forest and took him to the lake that we used ' a swim hole.

I began to take my clothes off until I was left in my panties and a sports bra before proceeding to dive in. The water felt cool on my skin and I forgot my worries for a second. I felt Tyler join me before noticing his body in the water. I came up for air and felt his hands on my waist.

"So what did you have in mind" he whispered in my ear, making my skin tingle from his touch.

"How about a little game of twenty questions?" I said.

"I was expecting something more dirty but alright."

And that was how the game began.