Chapter 8

"Ok first question, favourite colour?" he asked

"Too easy, blue' I said smiling at him.

"Mine too."

"Um,  which side of the bed do you sleep on?" I said grinning like a chestier cat.

"Right."

"Good I sleep left; we won't have any future problems then."

"I sure hope not, favourite food?"

"Lasagna for sure" I answered.

"A harder question then. What are you planning to do after we fight the hunters?"

"Honestly? I want my freedom. I want to be around people who actually care about me. Here, I have always been invisible to everyone. Only my older brother gives a shit. I want to be able to do what I want and not be hated by everyone. I want to feel like I belong and not get looked at like I'm a freak of nature being a white wolf and all."

Tyler glanced at me, before taking a breath and sighing.

"Join my pack then, I'll be Alpha in a few years and you'll be my Luna, you'll stand by my side. I will protect you, be your lover, your best friend, whatever you want me to be. I want you to be happy and I'll do anything to make that happen, you are my mate Kaylie."

I smiled at him. I knew he was being serious and a part of me wanted that more than anything. I wanted to be loved like those girls in the movies. I thought I deserved my happy ending. I just did not want to have to deal with all the bullshit that came from being involved in my father's pack.

According to legend, finding your mate is finding the other half of your soul. They are the other piece to yourself and when you find them, you are filled with a sense of completion. They are your life and you love them with everything you have.

I took a breath and composed myself before answering.

"I'd like that" I said.

"Good because I know my father would love you as his daughter-in-law. You'd make a great Luna and hopefully if it's what you want as well, we can start our own family."

His words made me blush. I barely knew him and I wasn't sure what I really wanted at this point.

"Tyler I know you're my mate but I'm not going to turn into some whipped teenager who wants you to be her first and love her forever. I barely know you and I am still yet to understand how this bond thing works."

"I know we hardly know each other and we both have a lot to learn but one thing I've learned growing up is to not deny yourself your mate. We were supposed to be mates for a reason. Whatever the reason may be then so be it. I am not going to deny myself this just because of how long we have known each other. I already feel connected to you on a whole other level."

Suddenly I felt his body move closer to mine and I did not hesitate. I guess I wanted this too. He moved one hand to cup my face while the other held my hips. He brushed kisses over my jaw before trailing down to my neck.

"This is where one day I will mark you as mine," he said planting light kisses.

I was momentarily stunned before my lips moved to meet his. Our first kiss and I wanted more which was wrong. I was practically kissing a stranger but something inside me did not care. My wolf knew I was kissing my mate and everything was right in the world.

We finally broke apart and I was in control again. I thought back to his statement about one day marking me.

"What did you mean by marking me one day?" I asked.

"I know you are not ready, but before we go to war I will. It will give you extra power and you'll be able to heal better if the worst happens. We'll also be connected and I'll be able to hear you in my head as well as sense if you are in danger and then, just maybe, you may be one of those whipped teenagers after I have my way with you," he said winking at me playfully.

"Does that mean I'll be able to hear you too?"

"Yeah but I know how to block you out, you don't missy" he smirked again.

"Damn you then" I said turning my head away slightly.

His hand came back under my chin and turned my head so that I was facing him.

"What?"

"Can I kiss you again?" he asked so genuinely.

 That surprised me. I had never known a guy, let alone a man ask if he could kiss me. I just blinked at him. The next thing I knew I had answered 'yes'.

I felt his lips on mine. They were so soft. The kiss started out soft and sweet but deepened. His tongue met mine in a wave of desire. I had kissed other boys but it was nothing like this. This was absolute bliss and passion all rolled into one. My mate tasted like heaven.

Tyler then once again surprised me.

"I know we may have not known each other long but I know that I am going to fall in love with you."

I smiled at his words before placing my lips on his. We spent the rest of the afternoon just making out and talking on the bank by the river. For a while, I was allowed to feel like a normal teenager and I could not be happier.

Tyler was healing the brokenness I had felt for so long and it felt good.