Chapter 26

I had finally finished Felicity's wall. The wall with her name on it was now completed. The three surrounding walls were also drying. The wolf was painted and the butterflies around the walls looked amazing. I knew that she would love it immensely.

It was 11:54 by the time we had finished and I was guilty of using my abilities and speed to get the job done. I was tired and the painting had taken a lot out of me.

We had re arranged her television so that it sat clearly above her but not blocking her wolf which was painted a light grey colour. We had placed in the corner a bookcase with reading books and her much-prized magazines that she had collected for as long as she could remember. Her stereo sat in one corner and the wardrobe the set up for her sat in the corner of the room and her mirror was placed next to her bed.

I was proud of what I had done. The next few rooms were a lot easier. At the moment, Felicity was the only long-term patient under the age of 20. The hospital was mainly filled with warriors recovering from battles or for pregnant wolves expecting a pup. All I had to do to those rooms was paint them a brighter colour other than white.

God I hated white. It was so depressing and clean. It reminded me of disinfectant. I hated that hospital smell; it was horrible and made my nose go funny. This was not normal and I knew I had to leave soon or else I would start to feel sick. All I could smell was bleach and disinfectant.

I opened the windows before I left to air out the room and to make sure that the paint will dry properly. I locked up and walked to the pack house.

I could not wait to have a hot shower and let my head hit the pillow.

 I slowly climbed the stairs careful as to not wake anyone up and closed the bedroom door. Tyler was asleep in bed with the covers kicked off. He was only wearing boxes. He looked so peaceful.

I felt bad that I had not been spending much time with him. I knew he was worried about me but he had been working as well. The pack always came first. It was my job as Luna.

I stepped into the ensuite bathroom and shed off my clothes before stepping under the hot water. It felt like heaven. I washed away all the paint and cleansed my body. I nearly fell asleep in the shower so I quickly turned the water off and stepped out, wrapping a big white fluffy towel around me and walking into the bedroom.

I changed into a simple white singlet and a loose pair of shorts and climbed into bed. I felt Tyler shift and come closer to my body. He wrapped an arm protectively around me and nuzzled into my neck. Within seconds, I was asleep.

*

The next morning I woke to find Tyler looking at me clearly amused.

"What's with you?" I asked

"You actually slept next to me last night."

"Yeah and?"

"You haven't actually slept in this bed in nearly a month. You sleep on the lounge that's in your office because you can't be bothered to move because you're so tired".

I looked at him with a lost expression.

"What I mean is that I'm just happy you slept in the bed with me."

"Oh" was all that came out of my mouth. He took my hand and drew circles with his thumb.

"That came out all wrong. I'm glad to see that you're resting and that I can actually see my mate without her looking like she wants to pull her hair out or punch me in the face".

"Is this your attempt at being romantic?" I asked him cockily.

"Maybe it is," he said a little unsure.