Chapter 2

I entered my class and found my seat next to one of the cubs from the pack. He was on the football team and he was a pretty decent guy. He actually treated me like I was normal so that got him extra points with me.

"Hey Kaylie," smiled the cub. I think his name was Sam.

"Hi," I replied, brushing him off.

 I wasn't in the mood to really talk like he wanted.

"News on the street is that you made the change," he said grinning. He was actually happy about it!

"You might want to keep it down" I said, considering we go to school with a few non-werewolves.

"Sorry, do you and Imogen want to hang out?" he asked with the same lop sided smile. He seemed genuine.

"So because I've finally become accepted after so many years you actually want to have something to do with me? Ghee thanks bud, I'll pass" I said returning my eyes to my book I had opened in front of me on some boring page about maths.

School was also not my thing. I could add school to my list on not things as well as people and werewolves. In case no one realized I was great at sarcasm. That was totally my thing.

For the rest of the class Sam was silent thank god. My pack's mind connection was leaving me alone and for once, I was truly alone and man it felt good. My teacher was going on about some maths equation.

All I could think about was why I had shifted so late; I would definitely be speaking to dad or Nate about this.

"Kaylie be nice Sam just informed me of what you said. He is making an effort and offered for us all to hang out" Imogen said through our mind link emphasizing on the all.

"Oh leave me alone Midge, he asked for it and you know it, he probably only wants to get in my pants."

"Right , we'll talk soon."

"Laters" and the mind link was gone. I could go back to silence, just the way I liked it until Sam started to say stuff to me through the link again.

Kaylie? Kaylie anyone home, I just want to talk.

Thank god the bell rang blocking him out.

My next class was a free so I wondered out onto the field that was close to the woods. I needed to work out what made me shift without anyone seeing.

If I was caught, I knew Dad would kill me. After a wolf shifts for the first time on a full moon that wolf can then shift at will if they knew how to. That was what I was trying to do, I think it was time I ditched this place.

"What are you doing here?" It was Sam.

"None of your business, what can a cub do to get some privacy around here."

"You're not entitled to it considering you're the Alpha's daughter."

"Please don't tell me Dad's made you my protector."

 Sam's father was part of my dad's soldiers, so to speak. He was head of the military and in charge of fights when the pack needed to defend territory.

"Afraid so sweet heart, so why don't you tell me what it is that you're trying to do" he smirked.

"I wanted to see what makes me shift" I confessed.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Well I shifted later than everyone there's obviously a reason."

"True..."

"Are you withholding information from me?" I asked

"Possibly, there might be one reason for it" he said

"And that would be?" I summoned Imogen using my mind link. 

She appeared through the woods in a matter of seconds. Sam could sense her.

"Ok well there's an ancient legend about the White Wolves. You've heard about it in stories right?"

"Yeah about the legends of white wolves appearing throughout the bloodlines but didn't they die out or something?"

"Let him finish" Imogen snapped.

"Fine" I said grumpily.

"Okay, so the legend says that the white wolf gene is only among certain generations of the wolves and its more popular in males then it is in females. The wolves all had pure blue eyes when they did shift. Most of that bloodline had a few issues with shifting because of the way their genetics were. Those that did shift that were found to actually have the gene most often didn't shift until after they were sixteen. The ones that did shift and were known about possessed advanced abilities beyond what was normal for us werewolves. These abilities were described as being enhanced if you will, they were faster and stronger than ordinary wolves."

"So it's some sort of myth right? because I'm certain they all died out."

"Yeah that's what they say  but only a few wolves that we know about have the gene and I've heard stories that a few escaped after the battle and  carried on the gene through their offsprings."

"Aren't there alot of white wolves around though?" I asked confused.

"Yeah there are but the white wolves we are talking about are pure white not white with spots of brown or anything."

I slowly was beginning to understand.

"So you think I'm might be a white wolf?"

"It's a possibility, did anyone see you change last night?"

"I don't think so. I don't really remember too much after I changed thought. Anyway I want to know what these enhanced abilities include. What does the stories say about the extra abilities?"

"I've heard about faster regeneration, healing, increased senses, advanced combat and increased speed."

"So just a whole bunch of bonuses?"

"Some are known to be able to read minds and see the future," he smirked.

"I see, well guess there's only one way to find out" I said as I stepped further into the forest.

All I could think was that Dad was going to kill me.