Wicked Game

Third POV

A few months later...

"We have to start rationing, ever since the whole Erudite attack we don't have enough people to mend the crops

"We have to start rationing, ever since the whole Erudite attack we don't have enough people to mend the crops." Johanna mentioned to the group, Ella checked her tablet on the table and showed it on the panel of the lit up table. "People are getting angry due to starvation. The farmers needs more people out on the field." Eric pointed out then crossed his arms, Evelyn sighed and stood up from her chair.

"Okay...We'll send you two groups, that's all I can do now. Most of are guys are working on the wall and the border." Evelyn responded.

Ella looked towards her mother and she gave her a firm nod.

"Is that all for today?" Evelyn questioned to the other leaders, everyone nodded and she cleared her throat. "All right, then meeting adjourned." She said, everyone begins to collect their things and Ella walked up to Eric. "I'll meet you home, I have to speak with her." She said to him, he nodded grabbing his jacket. "Okay, I'll get us lunch meanwhile." He said with a small smile, she smiled back and gave him a quick kiss before he left.

Once everyone had left, it was just Ella and Evelyn in the room.

"Where is your brother?" Evelyn questioned as she stared out her window. "With Tris. I needed him to get me some...Supplies." Ella answered, Evelyn turned to look at her and raised a brow. "Supplies for what?" She asked her.

Ella set her tablet on the table and crossed her arms then let out a sigh.

"I've been feeling a bit sick. Just need to make sure it's not a bug." She answered, her mother nodded and sat down then gestured for Ella to sit as well. She sat down after her mother from across and swallowed. "The trial..." Ella started.

"I can't stop the trial." Evelyn pointed out. "I know it's just that I wish it could be done cleaner." Ella began to explain, her mother looked at how pensive her daughter seemed and she placed her hands on the table. "How would you do it?" She asked Ella.

She looked up from the ground and to her mother, she took in a breath and licked her lips.

"Have an actual trial...Truth serum, have prosecutors, defending lawyers, a jury. We have a chance to actually change things, to offer a chance to them." She explained, Evelyn remained quiet and shook her head then stood up. "You have too much hope for those people. They will never change." "If you give them the chance, they could."

Evelyn turned away from Ella and walked up to her window to watch the factions work together.

"Why don't you just do what you're good at?"

Ella stood up from her chair pushing it back roughly and Evelyn turned to look at her.

"And what is that? Because the other leaders and I have been actually working and helping...What are you good at?" She asked her mother. Evelyn stared at her stunned and walked up towards her. "You could never understand." Evelyn muttered, Ella shook her head and took in a breath.