Terrified

Ella

"Ella, wake up

"Ella, wake up." I hear Eric's voice whisper to me, I groaned rolling to my side, but I fall off the bed and land on the cold hard ground. I quickly jolt my eyes open to see I was in a cell, I stand up from the ground and looked around me nervously. "I see you're finally awake." Jeanine's voice said, I looked at the glass door seeing her standing there and I looked down at myself to see they had made me wear some short grey tights and a grey tank top. "Where's Eric?" I asked going to her and she put her tablet on the glass door.

"Doing his job." She answered showing him working with the Dauntless and not showing a single emotion on his face. "What do you want with me?" I asked her confused by all of this. "You're a divergent, Victoria." She pointed out pulling her tablet back and looking straight at me. "I knew it from the moment you were born, that you are special." She added smiling a bit and I took another step towards the door. "We want to create a weapon powerful enough to keep the peace." She finished off typing on her device and I scoffed.

"Weapon and peace should not be in the same sentence." I pointed out and she chuckled. "You are not 100% divergent." She said and I took a step back. "When we tested you, your results were through the roof. You even broke the test." She said and I shook my head backing up a bit more. "I'm just ordinary." I said to her and she gave a nod to someone, the glass door opens and two guards walked in. "Lets start with discipline, electro therapy." She said walking away as the guards grabbed me. "No! Let me go!" I yelled as they pulled me out the room while I tried to pry myself off.

"Let me go!" I screamed moving myself around as they struggled to keep dragging me.

"Force her if necessary." Jeanine said as she walked ahead of us, a guard punches my face and the pain makes me stumble forward. "Was that necessary?" A guard asked the man as blood dripped down my nose and they dragged me through these bright hallways. My vision was a bit blurry as they dragged me, and I could feel my heart racing so hard, I felt like it could come out of my chest any second now. At one moment I was in Eric's arms, now I was being pulled into something that will ruin my life, I would never see Eric again or Tobias, Christina, Beatrice, Will, Al, Dan and the rest.

"Lay her on this table." A man ordered, the guards listened and set me on the cold table that lit up, then they start strapping me in. "Please, let me go." I begged them as they put my arms down and tied them to the table. "Please. Please." I begged them while they strap my head down and wrapped the strap around my jaw, then they put on two sticky things on each side of my temples. "Did Jeanine say how high?" A guard asked the man with a coat and I feel my eyes tear up. "High enough to make her understand." The other man answered as he stood next to me and looked down to my eyes.

"Victoria, is it?" He asked nicely. "Please, let me go. I don't want to be a part of this experiment." I said feeling a knot on my throat. "This should protect your teeth." He said putting something in my mouth, it was a mouth guard and I feel my heart race even faster, if it was possible. "Set up to the third level." The man ordered as they connected something to the sticky things on my temple and I feel a small tear escape my eye. "This will only hurt a bit, Vicky." The man said, I hear a generator run and someone pulled a level, a great amount of unbearable pain went through my entire body, I screamed, but it came out muffled, so I just bit down on the mouth guard while screaming.

My body jolts up from the table as I feel electricity attack each cell in me and I feel tears fall from my eyes to each side wetting parts of my hair, my vision was blurring up and I couldn't close my eyes. After a few minutes of the unbearable pain, they turned off the electricity and my body shook uncontrollably, they go again three times straight.

***

Third POV

"How is she?" Jeanine asked her guards as she walked to Ella's cell. "Well, she's been banging her head on the door for two hours now." A guard answered, the one who questioned the other guard who hit her and they got to her cell. "Jesus." Jeanine muttered seeing Ella who was bleeding from her forehead and was bruised from not only her temples, but her forehead too. "Sedate her." Jeanine ordered the guard, he nods grabbing the sedation from the side and opens the door, Ella falls forward and he catches her. "It's been three days since she's been here." Jeanine said to the doctor beside her and he nodded, the guard who is called Steve injected the needle into her neck and she falls asleep immediately.

He picks her up and sets her down on her bed, he places the blanket over her and looks at her worriedly, he thought she agreed to this experiment and saw how much in pain she was in. Under her eyes were purple and bruised, her lips were pale and chapped, her temples were bruised badly as well along with her forehead and he wiped away the blood with a towel. "Tomorrow we'll wake her up for the orb test, we've been injecting with the serum every five hours." Jeanine said as the guard walked towards the door and they closed it as he got out.

"Any word on the fugitives?" Jeanine asked Max and Eric. "No, ma'am." They answered, Steve locks the door and Eric glanced at the door to see Ella sound asleep. His breath hitches and Steve noticed this as Max and Jeanine, Eric looked back at Jeanine as if he saw nothing, but Steve noticed that look. It was the same look he gave his daughter before she died, he knew that look too well, they all start walking away, but Eric trailed behind looking at his device while Steve walked next to him. "She's being tortured." Steve whispered to Eric, making sure Jeanine and Max were far away enough for him to speak.

"The last three days, is the same routine." Steve adds as Eric looked up from his device to Steve. "They make me wake her up with the serum, now the serum has an acid in there that attacks any slight virus or bacteria." He adds locking his hands behind his back. "Which is painful, she wakes up in pain." He said looking at Jeanine speaking to Max, so he took in a breath. "If they keep pushing her like this, she'll die." Steve finished as they got to the main door. "Don't let that happen." Eric spoke up, but lowered his voice. "I'll get her out. You just keep her alive." He adds and looks at Steve.

"I can't lose her, so you keep her alive." He finished, Eric leaves with Max and Steve lets out a defeated sigh. "What are we doing with Victoria tomorrow?" Steve asked Jeanine and she let out a sigh going through her tablet. "It's time we got her on the machine." She answered looking up at him and he nods.