The Announcements

Ella

"Can I put my jacket on?" I asked him, he let out a sigh and nodded

"Can I put my jacket on?" I asked him, he let out a sigh and nodded. I quickly put it on and he just stood there waiting, I zipped up the jacket. "How are you gonna hide those scars and bruises during training?" He asked me and I looked up at him. "With the jacket." I answered, he shook his head. "Tomorrow wake up before anyone else and meet me here." He said as I hear alarms blaring and he saw the worried look on my face.

"I'm not going to hurt you, just going to bring you something to hide those bruises for now." He explained and I nodded. "Thank you." I said and he let out a sigh. "You tell anyone and I'll make sure your life here is filled with only running." He warned me and I nod.

~~~

Eric

"What are you doing up so early?" I hear Four ask me as I was walking past by me, so I stopped. "I'm always up this early." I answered him and he saw the extra shirt in my hand. "Who is that for?" Four questioned walking towards me and I chuckled standing tall.

"For you of course." I answered sarcastically and he rolled his eyes. "Looks too small for me." He joked, I glanced behind him to see a sleepy Ella and I coughed loudly. She quickly looked my way and I stretched my neck to the side making a signal for her, she quickly tippy toes away and Four looked behind him.

"Neck pains, feel asleep wrong." I said and he nodded.

"You know the new girl?" He asked me and I looked at him weird. "Ella." He added and I nodded. "Don't look at her. Don't touch her. Don't even breathe around her. Got it?" He asked getting close to me. "What she your little girlfriend?" I asked jokingly. "Stay away from her." He said simply, he bumped into my shoulder as he walked away.

I start walking towards the closed of hallway to see her standing there, looking down at the ruins. "Well, good morning Ella Enchanted." I said to her, she turns around with her arms crossed.

"Here, put this on." I said throwing her a black turtle neck long sleeve. "It'll hide them for now." I added as she inspected it. "Thank you." She said, I felt my heart skip a beat, but I ignored it, had to keep following my mission. "Don't mistake this act of kindness as us being friends. Because we're not, you will take orders and I will treat you like everyone else." I warned her, those green eyes looked up at me and I walked away from her.

~~~

Ella

"There are two stages of training, the first is physical. Push your bodies to the breaking point, and you'll master the methods of combat." Eric announced to us, beginning to explain everything. "The second is mental. Again, breaking point. You'll face your worst fears and conquer them unless they get you first." He explained, everyone behind me muttered to each other, but I made sure to pay attention. Close attention.

"You'll be trained separately from the Dauntless-born, but you'll be ranked together." He adds and looked at me. "After initiations, rankings will determine what jobs you move into. Leadership, guarding the fence, or keeping the factionless from killing each other." He said and looked away from me to the others. "The rankings will also determine who gets cut." He added, I feel my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Cut?" Chris questioned out loud. "At the end of each stage of training, the lowest-ranking initiates will be leaving us." He explained, my eyes slightly widened at the thought of being factionless.

"To do what?" Someone asked him. "There's no going home, so you'd live factionless." He answered and I took in a deep breath processing this. "Why didn't we know that?" Chris questioned. "It's a new rule." He answered looking at me and I looked away, I don't think I could do this, I'm weak.

"A new rule? Somebody should have told us that." Chris said a bit annoyed by this. "Why? Would you have chosen differently? Out of fear?" He questioned, everyone stayed quiet. "I mean if that's the case, you might as well get out now." He said, I mean he made a point. "If you're really one of us, it won't matter to you if you fail. Now you chose us." He added and looked at me straight in the eyes. "Now we choose you." He finished, as everyone started talking to each other I go up to him as he was speaking to Tobias.

"Excuse me, but I have a question." I said to Eric, looking way up at him. "What is it?" Eric asked me. "The training. What will it be on?" I asked him curious, if we were going to get cut from ranks, I want to be prepared. "Why? You wanna get ahead of everyone else?" Tobias asked me, I ignored him and just looked at Eric. "Huh, you stiffs always finding a shortcut." He said jumping down from the rock to stand in front of me. "Tell me, Ella, can you shoot a gun?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Can you withstand the pain of a bullet?" He asked walking around me, trying to get a scare from me. "I've never been shot before, so I'd like to think so." I answered feeling all eyes on us. "Can you fight in a war?" He asked and I stayed quiet, he finally gets behind me and breathes down my neck.

"Can you escape a choke hold?" He asked, I was about to open my mouth, but I suddenly feel him wrap his arm around my waist and around my neck. He pulls me very close to him and held me tightly, I gasped at the feeling and I saw the look on Tobias face, he wanted to help, but couldn't. "Tell me, Ella, can you escape this?" He questioned turning us around, so I was looking at the other transfers, Chris, Will, Al and Tris both looked at me worriedly.

"Tell me, initiates! Can you escape this?!" Eric's voice boomed, I felt my air slowly being cut and I struggled to get away. "Would anyone of you escape this with ease if I did this to you now?" Eric questioned, I felt my heart slowing down and I try to take in breaths holding his arm around my neck. I feel his lips get close to my ear and he whispers, so only I could hear.

"Tomorrow before anyone else wakes up, meet me at our spot." He whispered, I looked at him and he looked back at me, tears unwillingly formed in my eyes and in that moment I could tell he didn't want to hurt me. I could read the eyes of people who wanted to hurt others, it was always on my father's face, but not on his. I could feel myself starting to become a bit dizzy and my hands on his forearm become loose, he lets go and I fall on my palms and knees coughing and gasping for air.

"Are you okay?" Tris asked me as I tried getting my breath back and I nod, Chris and Will both help me up, and I coughed. "Hope you learned your lesson, stiff." Eric said walking away, Tobias gave me an angry look and went behind Eric. "Was it just me, or did that look sexual?" Will joked, Chris hits his arm and I let out a laugh, they looked at me confused as I laughed and I took in a breath.

"They weren't kidding when they said he's going to ruin my life." I said, Chris chuckled and Tris smiled.