Knife Throwing

Ella

"I can't throw it!" I said in frustration as I squat down angrily with my hands on my face

"I can't throw it!" I said in frustration as I squat down angrily with my hands on my face. "You're too stiff, get loose." Eric said standing in front of me. "You're good in combat, and shooting, you're telling me you can't throw a knife?" Eric questioned as I moved my hands and got back up.

"It's all in your arm." Eric said handing me a knife and I stood in front of the target getting ready to aim. "See, your hips are locked in." Eric said standing right behind me, his chest on my bare back and I felt goosebumps rise up on my skin. "Wherever your hips are aiming, that's where the knife will go." He said placing his big hands on my hip bones, his chin on my exposed shoulder.

I chose the wrong day to wear a tank top.

"Before you throw the knife, you should choose where you're going to aim." He said, his breath fanning my neck and chest. "Now bend your arm." He adds grabbing my arm and bends it, then his fingertips start trailing up to my hand and takes a hold of it. "Then what's next?" I asked him as he moved his chin from my shoulder and I looked at him, he tilts and starts leaning in to me.

His lips stay half a centimeter away and we looked at each other. "If you had better kissers, why are you trying to kiss me?" I whispered to him and he smiled. "You're too irresistible." He answered, I licked my lips and threw the knife at the target, he looked at the target and I moved away from him. "Did you-?" He cuts himself off as I grabbed my jacket. "I thought you couldn't throw a knife." He spoke up as I put on my jacket and pulling my hair from underneath the fabric.

"No, I always could." I said beginning to walk away.

~~~

"Whoa, you're doing way better than I am." Tris compliments as I threw a knife. "Thanks, you're also doing great with your speed." I said and she chuckled throwing a knife. "Damn, did you guys learn how to throw knives in Abnegation?" Chris asked us, I let out a chuckle and shook my head throwing a knife. "Come on." Will muttered trying to throw his knife, but it ends up on the floor. "That was pathetic." Eric said to him, Will throws his other knife and it also hands on the ground.

"It slipped." He said to Eric as he lets out a sigh. "Well go get it!" Eric ordered him. "What, while they're throwing?" Will questioned. "Are you afraid?" Eric asked him as I throw my knife at the target. "Of getting stabbed by an airborne knife? Yeah." Will said not wanting to go and Eric glanced at me. "Everybody stop." Eric ordered, everyone confused stopped by his orders and he looks at Will.

"Stand in front of the target." Eric ordered him, Will glanced at Tris and I confused, but reluctantly listened as he went to the target.

"Four, gimme a hand here." Eric said to my brother who walked towards him. "You're gonna stand there while he throws those knives," he started, "and if I see you flinch, you're out." He finishes and our friend stood there, looking nervous. "I've got to say something." I whispered to Tris and she shook her head. "You can't get in trouble, I'll do it." She whispered back.

"One thing you will learn here is that orders are not optional." Eric announced to everyone. "Stop." Tris spoke up and I took in a breath as Eric and Tobias looked our way. "Anyone can stand in front of a target." She adds. "It doesn't prove anything." She finishes. "Then it should be easy for you to take his place. Same rules apply." Eric said to her, she makes her way to the target and Will stands next to me. "Is your boyfriend any good at knife throwing?" Will whispered to me, I rolled my eyes as I see him pick up a knife, ready to throw it at Tris.

"He won't hurt her." I whispered to Will, he throws the knife at Tris which landed inches away from her. "Oh come on, Four." Eric teased him and I looked at him, then back at Tris. "You can get closer than that." He adds and Tobias glanced at him. "You want me to give her a little trim?" Tobias asked Eric who kept looking at Tris. "Yeah, maybe just a little off the top." Eric answered, I took in a breath as Tobias throws a knife which landed over her head and I let out my breath. "Oh crap." Will muttered, I see my brother threw another knife which landed right next to her ear.

We all let out a breath we've been holding and she moves revealing a cut on her ear. "Points for bravery, stiff." He announced to her. "Not as many as you just lost for opening your mouth." He adds as he looked at everyone. "Now watch yourself. We train soldiers, not rebels. But we're done for today, get out." He finished, I picked up my jacket from the ground and feel someone look at me. "Ella, you can stay behind and pick up the knives." I hear his voice say, I let out a sigh and stayed behind the group.

I walk to the targets picking up some knives and one comes shooting towards me, I gasped feeling it miss my nose by an inch and I looked to where it was thrown.

"You didn't see that coming?" He asked with that smirk on his face, I pulled the knife out and start walking to the table he was leaning on. "You dyed your jacket." He pointed out as I set the knives on the table. "You dyed your attitude." I pointed out sarcastically and he let out a sigh as I walked back to get the knives jammed in the targets. "Can we talk?" He asked as I pulled a knife out. "We are talking." I said taking out another one, he lets out a sigh and I hear him walk towards me as I pulled another knife. "No, in private." He whispered as I pulled another one out, then I looked up at him.

"When and where?" I asked him looking around making sure no one was watching, he tilted his head getting close to my ear. "My room after lunch." He whispered his lips too close to my ear. "You are dismissed from picking up knives." He said pulling away as some Dauntless-borns passed by. I nodded walking to the table and setting the knives there, I start walking to the dorm room and I feel Eric walking right next to me, his knuckles brushing my arms. "Is this supposed to be subtle?" I asked him as we walked over the bridge with other Dauntless across the bridge being loud like usual.

"I don't know, is this subtle?" He asked stopping me from walking and making me look at him. "Dropping me off a bridge is subtle?" I asked him sarcastically, I feel eyes on us as we spoke and he cleared his throat as he kept his eyes on me. "I'm not going to drop you." He said as I hear people speak about us. "What are you going to do?" I asked him glancing behind him to see Tris and Tobias slowly walking to the bridge. "Kiss you." He answered, I feel him put his hand on my cheek and his other hand on my hip bone.

"People are watching us, won't you get in some sort of trouble?" I asked him a bit confused. "I don't care, do you?" He asked as I glanced behind him to see Tobias look at us, then stopped walking and I looked up at Eric. "No." I answered, he smiles and presses his lips onto mine, I feel my heart race as I feel all eyes on us and wrapped my arms around his neck, and moving my lips against his.

At this moment I felt nothing but freedom, some people even clapped as we kissed and suddenly it was just us, only a spotlight on us as everything was pitch black. All of my fears were being destroyed by my confidence and I feel his fingertips slightly go up from my neck to the back of my hair. At this moment I feel our heartbeats race at the same speed, as my eyes were closed I could still picture his blue eyes on me, I couldn't even compare his eyes to the sky because it did not compare with him. I feel us both stop kissing and he leans his forehead on mine, I opened my eyes and looked up at him as he looked down at me.

"After lunch, my room so we can talk." He whispered and I nod, he gives me one last kiss and we pulled away from our embrace. He walks the other way, so I go the opposite way to my dorm, the whole way there, all I could feel was his lips on mine.