"I'm sorry."

Ella

I pulled myself away from him and he looked at me surprised

I pulled myself away from him and he looked at me surprised. My hand covers my mouth in disbelief and he takes in a breath then blinks.

"I'm...so sorry, Ella." He said and looked away from me, I stared at him as he slowly walked out my room and I just stood on the wall speechless. Did I make him do that? I moved my hand and wiped the sweat from my forehead then touched the back of my neck.

That thing was still clinging onto me.

I let out a sigh then pick up my jacket and make my way towards the door, I go down the stairs into the outside and looked to where Eric was originally. He was gone.

"Hey, have you seen Eric?" I asked one of the factionless from the tables.

"Yeah, he went out back with a shovel." They answered, I thanked them and begin to walk out the back. Before I was fully there, I see Four talking to Tris, he noticed me, said something to her and jogged towards me.

"You're all healed." He pointed out and I nodded.

"Where are you heading?" He asked me. "I'm looking for Eric, I need to talk to him." I answered and he nodded then glanced to his side. "I, um, I think he went to dig up a grave for Dan." He notified me.

My breath hitched and I could hear the same gunshot that killed him.

I could've done more to save him.

Four noticed me drifting off and he placed his hand on my bicep, I looked up at him and held back the tears from falling.

"I know he was a friend of yours. I'm really sorry." He said empathetically.

I take in a deep breath and nod. "Listen, what you said about Jeanine, you don't mean it." He added, I stared up into his eyes and shook my head in disagreement. "I meant it. I will kill her and I will make her suffer. She doesn't deserve kindness." I said feeling myself get a bit angry.

"No, Ella! Just, listen to me," he said now holding my arms.

"Jeanine may not deserve kindness, but you'll be proving her point of you being her weapon of mass destruction." He began to explain and I bite the inside of my cheek then glanced to my sides. "You are not a killer, believe me. I know that because I am one and I know your heart is full of light, so don't go down this dark path." He added, I stared up at him and sigh.

"Fine." I said trying to make him let me go.

"Ella, I just got you back. I don't want to lose you."

"You won't."

He sighs and lightly nodded, he pulled me in for a hug and I sigh wrapping my arms around his waist.

I feel his cheek press on the side of my head and I could hear his breath.

"If you ever feel that anger again...just look up at the stars." He whispered.