Say What You Need To Say

Ella

"This is the Pit

"This is the Pit." Tobias introduced us to the socializing spot, I looked down there to hear indistinct talking and a fight going on. "The center of life here at Dauntless." He added, then start giving us more of a tour. "Hey, thanks for checking on me today." Christina said walking next to me. "What's your new name here?" She asked and I felt a small smile on my face knowing I was making friends here. "Ella." I answered and she nods. "Do you think they'll make us fight?" She asked me, I nodded without hesitation.

"Showing them to their new home?" I hear that same deep voice ask, I looked in front of me to see Eric walking towards our group. "I'm surprised by the stiffs, impressed me." Eric said to Tobias, my brother nods turning to look at Beatrice and I. "Gonna keep a close eye?" Tobias questioned him and Eric chuckled. "Yeah." Eric answered, he looks at me and then walks away, Tobias saw the contact we both made and kept walking, so we followed him.

"You're gonna be sleeping here for the next 10 weeks." Tobias said as we went down some steps and into a room filled with beaten up beds, showers and toilets with no covers. "Girls or boys?" A boy behind me asked him. "Both." Tobias answered, some people liked the idea and some didn't, my brother saw my worried expression and stood in front of me. "If I so much as hear as one of you touching one another without permission, I'll make sure to put you down." He said not looking at me, but I know he aimed that comment so I can feel better.

"Get changed." Tobias said walking right past by me, but he made sure his arm grazed mine. "You can come and get the bed between us?" Christina suggested, I nodded giving her a smile. I start making my way there and see the clothes laid out for me, a black tank top, a black leather jacket, black pants and black combat boots. "Great color selection." I said sarcastically as I picked up the leather jacket, which looked a little big for me. "Hey, want to trade?" A boy from behind me said, I turned around to the shirtless boy holding a leather jacket, a bit too small for him.

"Oh, um, sure." I answered, feeling nervous since I've never seen a shirtless boy before. Not even myself. He hands me his jacket and I hand him mine. "I'm Will, and you?" He asked, with a small smile on his face as he stood in front of me. "Ella." I answered. "Nice to see a friendly face out of the angry ones." He compliments and I give him a small smile. "Specially a pretty one." He adds, I feel myself blush and chuckle. "Is your first challenge going to third base with a stiff?" A voice across him asked, I felt my smile turn into a poker face and I see it was the same boy from when I took the test, Peter.

"Is the second one shutting you up?" Christina asked him, defended me, I turn back to my bed and unbuttoned the front of my dress. I felt someone staring my back, but I ignored it, I felt my dress loosen up and I grabbed my tank top. I had bruises on my chest and stomach from the kicking, even on my collarbone, which will be harder to cover.

I put the tank top over the dress and took off the dress from under, I quickly put my leather jacket over it and I start putting my pants on. I fully took off the dress and took off my ankle boots to the new black ones, I follow Beatrice or Tris and Christina to a place where people were burning their old clothes and I took in a deep breath as it was my turn.

I threw my clothes in and let out a breath of relief as I see it burn. "Let's go to the dining area." Tris said to Chris and I, we both nodded and followed her. We get to the area to feel eyes on us, I see Will and he waves at me, pointing at three open spots in front of him. "Look, there's a spot right there." I said to Chris and Tris, we both start walking there and I see Tobias sitting there eating. Chris sits on the far left chair, then Tris sits in the middle leaving me the spot next to him, I let out a sigh sitting next to him and he glanced at me.

"What is this?" I asked Tris as I looked at the strange things on the table. "Uh, I think that's a burger." She answered a bit unsure, I dug my fork into the meat and put it on my plate. "You've never seen a burger before?" Will asked me, the people near us looked at me and I shook my head. "Okay, so you-" Will was cut off by Tobias. "Eat it however you want to." He said, I didn't look at him at all, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. "Abnegation eat plain food. Plant-based diet with no sauces." Will explained as I grabbed some potatoes and carrots, setting them on my plate, a lot to be exact.

"Which textbook did you swallow?" Chris asked him jokingly. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Will, Erudite." Will introduced himself as I cut off a piece of the meat, unknown flavors overtake my tongues senses and I took a forkful of potatoes.

"Whoa, you enjoying your food there?" A voice behind me said, I slightly turn my head and see Dan behind me. "Really good." I said covering my mouth with my hand as I tried swallowing. "You should try it between two pieces of bread, and adding some sauces in there." He suggested and I feel the food pass my throat, as I moved my hand. "You should teach me that." I said feeling excited and he chuckled, then his hand reached for my face, I flinched and he put his hand up.

"Sorry, sorry. You just have a stain on your cheek." He pointed out, I felt Tobias staring at me as I wiped both of my cheeks. "I'm sorry, I didn't-" Now Dan was cut off by Tobias. "Walk away. Now." He ordered him, I gave Dan an apologetic smile and he nods walking away. "I'm gonna go clean myself up." I said to Tris and she looked at my plate, then back at me. "But you haven't finished eating." She pointed out as I got up. "I'm not hungry anymore." I said, before she said anything else, I begin walking away and I get to an abandoned hall by a bridge.

And I lean my back putting my hands on my face. "You are just like your brother!" I hear my father scream in my head. "Worthless! Hopeless!" He screams, I feel tears in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. "You are never going to be loved if you keep acting this way!" He yelled, I shook my head sliding down on my butt and put my hands through my hair. "Get out of my head." I whispered to my self as I felt one tear escaped.

"Transfer!" A booming voice called, I picked up my head from my knees and a flashlight was pointed to me. "On your feet, soldier!" Eric ordered, I quickly get up not wanting to get in trouble with him. He makes his way towards me, with the flashlight still on me, he finally gets in front of me with the flashlight on my face.

"This isn't safe for you initiate, there's a giant hole right in front of you, what are you doing here? You want to fall to your death?" He asked me, before I could wipe the tear, he grabbed my wrist studying my face closely. "You were crying." He pointed out. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I apologized and he moved his hand from my wrist to move the collar of my jacket and he sees one bruise. "Take off your jacket." He ordered, I took in a breath slowly taking off my jacket and he sees all the bruises on me.

"Did any of the Dauntless-borns or transfer hurt you?" He asked, his voice sounding a bit soothing. "No." I answered him truthfully. "Then who did?" He asked curious, I glanced at the wall then I looked at my fingers.