Wake Up

Ella

Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence

Everything in the tunnel I was in was pitch black.

All except a candle that was a lit in my hand.

I walked down the path in front of me and it felt like an endless journey. But at the very end of this never ending tunnel was a light, probably the size of my pupil. I keep making my way toward it and water starts rushing up out of nowhere, I push through the water as much as I could and the more I walked towards the light, the deeper the water got.

What was more terrifying of this situation was that I could not hear anything. Not a single thing.

I feel water start coming up my chin as I kept walking and I held the candle up, but now I had to use my hands.

I threw the candle behind me and start swimming towards the end, the light starts getting a little bigger meaning that I was close and I felt my hope being restored.

Come on, just a little bit further.

The light at the end confused me as I got closer and the size did not change. I felt my eyes tear up as I realized it was just a small hole, probably the size of my hand.

No. Please, no.

I push my hand through the hole and I felt the cool air from outside, this wall was holding me back and I could not push through it.

So, I swallowed the spit in my mouth and start screaming for help. I myself could not hear me scream and I start feeling a pain in my throat as I screamed.

Please help me! Somebody!

I felt tears blur my vision and I leaned my head on the wall. I screamed and screamed for hours trying to get someone to help as I stuck my hand through the hole, and I felt a sob escape my lips.

As I felt myself become tired and hopeless, I felt something graze my hand.

I lift my head from the wall and removed my hand, then look through the hole to see him.

The man who's been in my dreams for so long and he opened his mouth to say something, but I couldn't hear anything at all.

"Please! I can't get out!" I cried.

I read his lips which said, "hold on." So, I nod and closed my eyes in relief.

Something tugs at my ankle and I opened my eyes looking down at the black water. It tugs me again and my heart races, before I could scream, it drags me down the water and I screamed underwater as I was being taken away from my savior.

I closed my eyes again and I felt the cold air.

I quickly opened my eyes and see I am outside in a grassy field, I sit up ignoring the hot sun and look around me.