The Doors Ajar

I'm sat on the school tables outside and close my eyes as I increase the heat on the rays falling from the sky

I'm sat on the school tables outside and close my eyes as I increase the heat on the rays falling from the sky. The school is mixed with the cheeping of birds and the charting of people. I open my eyes when I feel two extra presences next to me and the bench dip down. I turn my head and offer the two boys a smile before kissing Stiles's cheek.He smiles down at me and notices my flannel. He leans down to my ear.

"Is that my flannel?" He wonders whilst leaning back and a boyish smile plays on his lips. We completely block out the others and are in our own little world.

"It is but if you want it ba-" I start to say but am cut off by his shaking head and seeing the pout on his lips. Like a little puppy. I just giggle a little which earns a smile off of him

"Th-thanks for last night, it was the first decent sleep I have had in weeks. S-so Thankyou." He says shyly whilst looking down at his hands which he dramatically used. I grab his hands in mine and give them a small kiss.

"Sti you don't have to thank me and it was lovely for me too. How have you been with everything today?" I whisper the last bit to him. I see his smile suddenly drop but he kind of hides it and shrugs his shoulders and gives a fake smile.

"I'm fine don't worry about me," he says back but he sees my unconvinced face and my lifted eyebrow. He just pushes a loose hair out of my face and leans forward to kiss my nose which makes me scrunch it.

"I promise you, I'm doing okay," he whispers to me and I give him a nod even though I am worrying on the inside. I can't let these things happen to such a kind,generous and selfless soul and the only way I know he's safe is when he's next to me. When he had his arms wrapped around me or simply smiles all the stress melts away. We turn to listen to the others whilst I draw patterns on Stiles's hand remembering how he told me it keeps him calm.

"Ok so what happens to a person who comes out of a near death experience and is seeing things?" Scott questions the pack.

"And unable to know what's real or not,"Stiles adds in.

"Or is haunted by visions of their dead relatives." Allison also adds in with her panicked state. I can relate on that one actually. The last few days I have been trying to comfort Allie and tell her that whenever she comes I counter with these visions then to recognise the thing that's out of place.

For her it's to remind herself that there isn't an explanation for how they're alive.

For Scott it's that he knows that he can control himself and that he would never risk the safety of others and his pack.

However for Stiles it was different. He can't tell the difference because of how real it feels but I told him what my mother had taught me. Count your fingers and breath. When you're in a dream you don't have ten fingers and in his dreams he wouldn't have the golden token I gave him from Asgard.