Chapter 3

Stiles opened his door, noticing his bestfriend, sighing he said, "Get in." He was being rather serious as he looked over at Scott, there were papers upon papers scattered on his floor.

"You gotta see this thing. I've been up all night reading—websites, books. All this information," Stiles said, his arms flying everywhere as he tried to gather the physical representation of his brain from the floor of his bedroom.

"How much Adderall have you had today?" Scott asked, Stiles, sat up in his chair, pausing for a fraction of a second. "A lot." Scott chuckled lightly. "Doesn't matter. Okay, just listen."

"Is this about the body, Stiles? Did they find out who did it?" Scott sat on the edge of the bed while Stiles rolled his chair over to him, holding a paper in his hand.

"No, they're still questioning people. Even Derek Hale," he said pointedly.

"Oh, the guy in the woods that we saw the other day," Scott said obliviously.

"Yeah, Y-yes," Stiles said, flinging his hands like that could steer the conversation away from Derek. "But that's not it, okay?"

"What then?" Scott laughed. "Remember the joke from the other day?" Stiles smiled nervously and wheezed out a chuckle. "Not a joke anymore."

Scott stared at his best friend in confusion, "The wolf, the bite in the woods. I started doing all this reading." He riffled through papers, then stood suddenly. "Do you even know why a wolf howls?"

"Should I?" Scott asked.

"It's a signal, okay? When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack. So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could've been nearby. I mean, maybe even a whole pack of them."

"A whole pack of wolves?" Scott said amazed.

"No... Werewolves," Stiles replied, out of breath from his rant.

"Are you seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour." Scott scoffed, grabbing his bag about to leave, but Stiles put a hand on his chest to stop him.

"I saw you on the field today, Scott. Okay, w-w-what you did wasn't just amazing, alright? It was impossible." He chuckled, one side of his mouth going up in a smirk.

"Yeah, so I made a good shot," Scott responded,

"No, you made an incredible shot. I mean, the way you moved—your speed, your reflexes. You know, people can't just suddenly do that overnight." Stiles took Scott's bag from him and put it on the bed,

"And there's the vision and the senses, and don't even think I don't notice that you don't need your inhaler anymore." Stiles carried on his rant, but this only made his friend more irritated.

"Okay! Dude, I can't think about this now!" Scott cut him off, "We'll talk tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" Stiles yelled. "What? No! The full moon's tonight! Don't you get it?"

"What are you trying to do? I just made first line. I got a date with a girl I can't believe wants to go out with me, so did you, everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you trying to ruin it?"

Stiles groaned, "I'm trying to help."

"Scott, your cursed," Stiles said to his friend sadly.

"And it's not just that the moon will cause you to physically change. It also just so happens to be when your bloodlust will be at its peak." Stiles sat down in his chair and leaned back.

After a second, Scott said, "Bloodlust?"

"Yeah, your urge to kill,"

"I'm already starting to feel an urge to kill, Stiles," Scott said. Immediately, Stiles turned in his chair to face his desk, tossing through the paper cluttered on it.