Chapter 24

As soon as Sage parked up outside Lydia's house, the strawberry blonde shot out of the car without a word. The blonde vampire sighed sadly as she could feel the confusion, anger and sadness through the bond, Sage knew that Lydia was upset- the Martin girl never said a word the whole car ride, even when the huntress wished them both a good night.

Sage's thoughts instantly went to the text message that lit up her phone from Stiles,

We're at some club, Jackson is on his way to kill Danny for whatever reason. You coming?

Sage had two choices to make, she could either go upstairs and fix her relationship with Lydia, or she could go and help her soulmate.

...

I'm sure you guys got this, call me if anything x

*~*

Lydia sat on her bed watching her best friend nervously pace her room, a small part of her was glad that the blonde didn't leave, she wanted answers and she wanted them while she was still in fact sane.

"You gonna keep pacing my room all night or..."

Sage sighed and squatted down in front of her friend, she grabbed Lydia's hand instantly spiking up the nerves in the strawberry blonde.

"Lyds, you went through something really traumatizing at the winter formal-" Sage started but Lydia didn't want to hear it, she began shaking her head and her eyes began to tear up but Sage carried on.

"You're not going crazy Lyds-"

"I am!" The frantic strawberry blonde exclaimed,

"Lydia you almost died."

"Yeah, but being dead is better than being crazy." Sage couldn't hold back her tears as she heard the words from her bestfriend, the person she was supposed to protect at all cost, she pulled the girl into a hug whispering soothing words into her hair before she pulled away.

"I'm gonna tell you something okay, and it's gonna show that your not crazy okay- you'll just be extremely confused and maybe a little scared but I promise you that I won't hurt you. Okay?" Sage said as she gave the girl a hopeful look, Lydia looked at her guardian a little confused but nodded her head anyway.

Sage let out a soft sigh as she began to gather herself, "I'm a vampire."

"Your joking right?!" Lydia asked as she looked at her friend as if she was making a joke but Sage was all but telling the truth.

"Sage, if you don't want to tell me the truth then come up with a better lie." Sage sighed gripping her hair slightly. She turned her back to her friend, she knew the only way for the girl to believe her was if she was to show her the actual truth.

"Sage, come on-" Lydia's words got caught in her throat, she was like a deer caught in headlights as she looked at her bestfriend, the blue-eyed blonde was now staring at her with deep purple eyes with protruding veins staring right back at her.

A small part of her was scared, all of her should have been scared. But from the moment she met Sage, there was something comforting about her- something comforting and protective about their friendship. So she surprised Sage as well as herself when she walked over to the blonde and gently placed her hands on her cheeks as she stared into the eyes of her guardian.

"Mon protecteur. Merci de me protéger."

Sage's eyes softened from the sound of her bestfriend, whatever Lydia was- she knew as soon as she saw Sage's eyes, she knew was staring into the eyes of her guardian.