Chapter 8

As soon as Sage met up with Stiles this morning she could not only sense his gratitude for the girl but also his anger towards his bestfriend

As soon as Sage met up with Stiles this morning she could not only sense his gratitude for the girl but also his anger towards his bestfriend. Sage told the boy many times on their ride to school this morning that he didn't need to tell her thank you for saving his father because she would do it all again.

At first, Stiles told the girl that she didn't owe him anything and if anything it should have been his bestfriends duty to protect his dad, but Sage quickly threw in how as his guardian her duty was not only to protect Stiles but to also protect the people he loved- including his dad.

Sage sat in the back of the class- a few rows over from Stiles, she watched as his lips formed into a scowl as he noticed Scott enter the classroom. The blonde sighed slightly, she knew no matter what she said to the human he would still be mad at his best friend. She guessed his reasoning was because his best friend chose to save Allison- a girl who he's known for less than a month over Noah, a man he's known his whole life.

Stiles was just grateful that Sage was a vampire and had the ability to heal because if she had seriously been hurt, he didn't know if he could forgive his friend or not.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked him and heard him sigh. "Okay, but can you at least tell me that your dad is okay? I know Sage is fine cause she's currently throwing a smirk my way for whatever reason." The blonde felt her smirk grow from hearing the raise in Scott's heartbeat, she knew he was afraid of her and she loved soaking herself up in his fear.

Sage watched as Stiles continued to ignore the young werewolf which didn't deter him. "I mean it's just a bruise right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big? Okay, you know I feel bad about it. Like really bad." Stiles rolled his eyes, not turning around. "Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and - that I went to Derek for help?"

Sage watched in amusement as Stiles looked like he was mentally fighting himself before finally turning to Scott, "If I was talking to you, I'd tell you that you're an idiot for trusting Derek. But obviously, I'm not talking to you." Stiles said then turned back around in his seat while the blonde silently chuckled.

The bell rang and Sage continued to watch Stiles in amusement, she could practically sense his mind filling up with curious thoughts about what Derek could have said to Scott. Stiles knew that his curious mind would slightly outweigh his anger for Scott, he couldn't stop himself from turning around as he looked at Scott. "What did he say?"

*~*

"The what of who?" Lydia asked, barely able to hide how bored she was. Sage could sense that the strawberry blonde was still freaked out over the video store incident and was trying her best to get over it.

"The beast of Gevaudan," Allison said, not really caring if her two friends looked uninterested or not, the fact is that she found it interesting. "Listen. A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that King Louis the 15th sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it." She read aloud, Sage perked up slightly after hearing the beginning of the story, she was very familiar with the story- she knew about the rampaging werewolf that roamed the streets of France, she also knew the story about who killed the beast.