Chapter 20

After what had just occurred, Sage had told the Stlinski boy to bring her and Lydia home, the strawberry blonde had been silent the whole ride home and only said to her guardian that she didn't want to talk about what had happened to her.

After she had watched Lydia get ready for bed, she waited for her best friend to fall asleep, the vampire had a constant frown on her face as she watched over her best friend. She hated not knowing what was going on with her, but one thing she did know was that after the bite, Lydia wasn't human anymore. She could feel it in the bond.

Sage had found herself stopping outside of the animal clinic twenty minutes later, she had decided to run all the way here- wanting to let out some steam. She had known about the veterinarian and what he knew about the supernatural since she stepped foot into Beacon Hills, she had just never brought herself to visit the doctor until now.

The phone call she had with Ophelia the other night kept ringing in her ear.

Sage huffed as one of her good friends kept lecturing her over the phone, she had promised the girl who was like family to her that she would contact her once she had settled down but a lot of things had come up.

"And here you are, calling me up after you moved to Beacon Hills almost two months ago."

"Phee, I'm sorry okay but this is really important- you can lecture me another time okay." The other end of the line was silent for a while until the brown-skinned witch on the other end of the line let out a small okay.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm a guardian."

Again, there was a pregnant pause on the line until the vampire heard a soft chuckle from her friend. "I knew it, I knew it from the moment I met you."

"You were five when we met." Sage laughed at her friend, it was true- Sage had grown up around the Cadieux's her whole life, the family were witches that protected the vampires in France. Vampires and witches tended not to get along seeing as Vampires were against nature and witches were nature but the Cadieux's were different.

They helped keep Sage's family a secret, not many people in the 1800s were fond of things they didn't understand and Sage's family as for one other family of vampires were right there on that list.

Sage had moved away to Italy for a couple of years and when she had come back home she had met the newest addition to the Cadieux family- Ophelia.

"Either way I was right, I can't believe you're the last living guardian of your family. Anyway who is it, what are they like?"

Sage stared at picture frames that sat on her desk,  Lydia had taken it upon herself to get the blonde a picture frame of the two of them, there was one with her, Allison and Lydia but Sage's favourite happened to be the one of her and the strawberry blonde.

They were perched on the Martin girls bed in sweats with their hair tied up giving goofy smiles to the camera. Sage's eyes scanned to the next item on her desk, it was a copy of the keys for Roscoe- the Stlinski boy had made a pair and had given it to the girl just in case his were to ever get crushed by a werewolf again.

Sage knew how much that Jeep meant to the boy and it meant the world to her that he trusted her with the keys. Even if they were spare.

"Actually, it is 'they' as in two. I don't know how but I have bonded with two people Phee."

"But that's not possible," Ophelia said in shock, it was unheard of for a guardian to be connected to two people, like really unheard of.

"Tell me about them."  The witch quickly responded.