Chapter 28

It was his turn to stare, Stiles had been staring at a sleeping Sage for over five minutes. After the rave last night the human told the blonde that he was not leaving her side so it was either he stayed at her house or she stayed at his and seeing as the boy stayed at hers the other night she thought it would only be fair to stay at his.

Stiles knew that she had to wake up soon, he had gotten relentless texts from Lydia, reminding him that it was her birthday party meaning that he couldn't hog her best friend all day. The boy was a little bummed that he wouldn't get to spend the whole morning with his soulmate but he knew that he had to share her, with her being Lydia's guardian and all it was only fair.

"How long are you gonna keep staring?" Stiles wasn't even surprised by the sound of her voice, "Until you leave my house, and if Lydia has anything to say about it, it would probably be in the next five minutes."

Sage hummed softly, her eyes flickered open landing on her soulmate. She loved waking up next to him, it was bittersweet because not all the time did she end up falling asleep with him. The vampire smiled softly at the boy but a frown etched onto her face as she remembered what happened the previous night. Stiles sensing the discomfort in her gently brought his hands up to face.

"Hey, it's okay."

"But we failed."

"We may have not been able to stop him then but it doesn't mean that we're not gonna stop him, next time baby." Sage's heart swelled from the use of the nickname and unlike last time, Stiles had realised what he said.

"I-uh, I didn't-- I mean—"

"Stiles?"

The human gulped as he met her eyes, "Yeah."

Sage smiled at the boy before bringing him into a gentle kiss, the human had frozen up for a second before he instantly melted into it. It was a quick kiss but it still left them both woozy, Sage pulled away from the kiss just in time for her phone to go off, the blonde giggled as Stiles sighed and laid back on his bed.

The vampire quickly sent a text to her best friend, Lydia had told the girl that she needed to hurry up and get her butt to her house so that they could hit the mall. Stiles watched as the girl quickly put on her outfit, his cheeks warmed as he watched her button him one of his flannels before she tucked it into her skirt. Stiles was still getting used to the girl wearing his clothes, but it warmed his heart that she was wearing something of his out in public.

"So I guess I won't see you until the party then," Stiles said as he continued to watch the girl, Sage nodded with a smile on her face before grabbing her purse.

"You sure you don't want me to drive you to Lydia's? You don't have your car."

"It's cool, I'll just run. Need the exercise." The buzz-cut human looked at the girl in disbelief, even if she wasn't supernatural the girl in no way shape or form needed any exercise. She was absolutely fit.

"Well have fun, I know how much you enjoy shopping even if you fail to admit it." Sage smiled before kissing the boys cheek before she headed out the door, Stiles softly sighed in awestruck of the girl he just so happened to call his soulmate.

*~*