Chapter 29

Sage wondered around the party pushing past people, yep people. Not even 10 minutes after everyone threw out texts, people have been walking into Lydia's house readying to party. The vampire was beaming that her best friend was now happy to see that her party was now undergoing, but Sage hated that people were in her way.

"Why should I apologise?" Sage turned her head to see the duo having a conversation, the blonde tilted her head in confusion until her eyes fell upon her brunette friend standing alone in a sea of people, she didn't really understand why Scott should apologise because she didn't know what had happened between the two but he was the guy after all.

"Because you're the guy! It's, like, what we do." Stiles said making Sage chuckle, "But I didn't do anything wrong." Scott said making Stiles scoff. "Then you should definitely apologize. See, any time a guy thinks he hasn't done anything wrong, it means he's definitely done something wrong." Sage smiled as she made her way over to the two.

"He's not wrong wolf boy." Sage mused as she took Stiles' hand in hers, the human smiled at his vampire before nodding his head back at his best friend.

"I'm not apologising." Scott said bluntly causing the vampire's eyebrows to raise in surprise, "I'm guessing that's the full moon talking because normal Scott McCall would have already been on his knees for his girlfriend." Sage said almost taunting the werewolf to disagree with her but of course he didn't agree nor disagree with the vampire but Stiles and her both knew the boy was in denial.

"Why do you guys care, anyway?" He asked once again bluntly, the vampire almost launched herself at him, having enough of his attitude- full moon or not.

"Because, Scott, something's gotta go right, here, I mean, we're getting our asses royally kicked, if you haven't noticed. People are dying, I got my dad fired, you're gonna be held back in school, Sage's powers are all over the place for whatever reason. And if I have to watch you lose Allison to a stalker-like Matt, I'm gonna stab myself in the face." Stiles ranted hysterically causing before he took a gulp of the drink in his hand.

"Don't stab yourself in the face."

"Why not?"

"Because your face is pretty—"

"—Wait, what?!—"

"—Because Jackson's here."

Stiles quickly brushed aside what Sage had just said for a second as he whipped his head to the entrance of the garden. And just as Scott had said, there was Jackson, standing in the middle of the party assessing the crowd before he accepted a drink from Lydia. He looked like Jackson, but the three knew better.

"Okay, call us if he kills anyone, Stiles and I are going to at least try and have fun. So we're going to dance."

"Wait we are?"

"Yup, Scott go apologies to your girlfriend. Don't wait up."

*~*

Stiles couldn't help but watch the blonde vampire as she conversed with her brunette haired best friend, after they had danced for a while Stiles told the girl that he needed a break. The human couldn't keep up with her moves, the way her waist swayed to the beat of the music kept the boy in a trance and there was nothing he could do about it- well not like he wanted to do anything about it anyway.

Stiles didn't know exactly where they stood, he knew that they were soulmates and that there was no one else out there for him. Yeah, they've kissed a few times and he's let the word 'babe' or 'baby' slip here and there but Stiles wanted an actual label. He wanted to yell out to the whole of Beacon Hills that Sage was his girlfriend, and he didn't want to wait any longer.