Chapter 5

Scott glanced back at Stiles as they sat in their chemistry class. "Maybe it was my blood on the door." He said, trying to sound hopeful that he didn't kill anyone. He was just relieved that the dream he had last night about killing Allison was just exactly that— a dream. Well, that's what he had thought until he saw the blood-stained school bus.

"It could have been animal blood." Stiles nodded, his whiskey coloured eyes flickered around the room looking for the blonde that had been on his mind since the beginning of the school year. But he let out a small sigh as he noticed she wasn't here yet.

He hoped she was okay.

"You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something." The boy continued trying to distract himself from thinking that Sage was in any kind of danger.

"And did what?" Scott asked, giving his friend a confused look.

Stiles blinked. "Ate it."

Scott was about to retort to his best friend but the sudden entrance of the blonde girl got his best friend and the rest of the class distracted, Stiles had let out a relieved sigh to see that she was okay.

Sage hadn't bothered to explain to Mr Harris why she was late as she went to take a seat on an empty desk.

Stiles stared at the girl in confusion, she seemed a little different, he didn't know what it was because she looked exactly the same. She still dressed like she just came out of a fashion magazine, her hair was still golden blonde, her eyes were still ocean blue- everything about her looked perfectly fine. But she didn't seem fine, and Stiles didn't know how or why he knew this.

Scott turned back to his best friend, sending him an expression filled with disbelief. "Raw?" he asked carrying back on their previous discussion.

"No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven." He said sarcastically. Sage looked over at the human and the frown she had on her face had slightly turned up into a smile. "I don't know, you're the one who can't remember anything."

Mr Harris turned around, giving the two male students an annoyed expression. "Mr Stilinski, if that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones out every once in a while. I think you and Mr McCall would benefit from a little distance, yes?"

No." Stiles said weakly, he sighed, seeing the irritated expression the teacher had and got up, sitting down beside Sage who had an amused look on her face. His cheeks heated up and he quickly looked away flustered. He couldn't even say anything to her now that the embarrassment was overwhelming. He scolded himself, he was making progress with the girl but every time he looked at her or every time she smiled at him the human always ended up flustered.

"Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much." The teacher deadpanned, but Stiles wasn't paying attention, he didn't care that he wasn't seated next to his best friend anymore.