Chapter 18

The next day Sage, Allison and Lydia had walked up the steps of Beacon Hills high

The next day Sage, Allison and Lydia had walked up the steps of Beacon Hills high. Sage had left Stiles' as his dad started getting ready for his morning shift, the vampire had left a human a note saying she would see him at school.

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked the Strawberry blonde in disbelief.

Lydia hummed, "They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying 'We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days.'" She paused glancing at her friends, "But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

Sage chuckled at the girl, she knew her bestfriend didn't remember anything that happened to her and it worried the girl- but of course, only Lydia would see a silver lining of her running naked through the woods and having no memory of it.

"Well, you do look good Miss Martin, you ready to strut down your runway?" Sage said in a joking matter, but it earned a flattering smile from the Martin girl.

"Me? Sage, I have told you many many times, I am raiding your closet, but of course, I'm ready." The girl took a beat before looking at her brunette friend, "It's not like my aunts a serial killer."

Lydia had power walked inside leaving both girls a little shell shocked, "well, she's not wrong." Sage said smiling at her bestfriends confidence but this only caused a slight scoff leaving the Argent girls mouth.

Sage and Allison had walked behind their friend only to step into the student-filled corridor. When the door clangs shut, every single eye turns to focus on Lydia, the once voice filled corridor was now dead silent. Lydia took a deep breath looking around at all the looks people were giving her. "Maybe it's the nine pounds," Allison whispered to her in a sassy tone.

After a beat, Lydia pursed her lips, standing up straighter as she lightly flipped her hair before strutting down the hallway in a confident strut causing a wide grin to spread onto her guardians' face.

*~*

Sage was on her way to Lacrosse practice, she had promise Stiles that she would be there but the sound of her name being called caused her to stop dead in the empty hallway.

"Can we talk for a sec?" Allison had been racking her brain with what the vampire had said the other night and she just wanted to clear the air, Sage nodded at the girl causing her to let out a soft sigh before she began speaking.

"Are we cool, I mean- I thought we-- I mean, aren't we friends?"

"Is this about the other night?" Sage asked the girl with a blank stare, Allison just slowly nodded her head watching for any emotion to pass through the vampire's eyes.

"You see that bracelet?" Allison's eyes flickered down to the bracelet that was on her wrist, the one Sage had gotten her for her birthday.

"It's laced with vervain, and if you didn't know already- vervain is a weakness for vampires, we cant compel or drink from a human if they have it in their system. Even though I'm the only vampire in Beacon Hills right now, doesn't mean I will be forever, I protect the people I care about Allison and yes you are one of those people, but if Lydia or Stiles' life is in danger they overrule you, I'm sorry."