Chapter 27

Sage smiled at the boy who was silently snoring away in her bed, the blonde woke up beaming when she still saw him in the early morning. As much as it sounded sappy, she could stare at the boy for hours if she could, but unfortunately, she couldn't.

Stiles' phone dinged about half an hour ago, signalling that he had a text. Sage might have peeked and seen it was from his dad, so she probably had to wake the human up soon so the sheriff wouldn't send out a search party for his only child.

The sun had peaked through the curtain perfectly highlighting the boys light brown hair, Sage knew from memory how many moles he had scattered across his face but like a lovesick teenager, she still counted them as she gently traced her fingers on his face.

The human began to stir in his sleep from the feather-like touches against his cheek and when he turned over his eyes landed on the blonde he was so deeply in love with.

"Mornin'."

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" Sage asked the boy as her blue eyes met his brown ones.

Stiles yawned slightly, "Like a baby. What about you, you feel better after yesterday?" Sage furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, at first she had no idea what he was talking about until she remembered the detention and the events that led after it. Stiles frowned from the guilty look that took over his soulmate, not liking it the boy sat up taking her hands into his.

"Hey, it's okay. Emotions were high and you were confused and scared, I'm not mad or upset Sage. Don't beat yourself up about it okay?" Sage nodded at the boy, a small smile gracing her lips, Stiles was absolutely adorable and she was so glad that he was hers, she was about to give the boy a little kiss but the sudden sound of his phone ringing caused her to internally groan.

She giggled softly as the human nervously fumbled to pick up his phone, "H—hey dad. No yeah, I stayed at—I uhm, I'll be home soon. Yeah okay bye."

"Guess you gotta go." Stiles nodded sadly at the girl as he started to put on his shoes, Sage had realised that they both had fallen asleep in their clothes from last night, well except her. And Stiles must have realised it too because his cheeks redded when the blonde hopped out of bed. A t-shirt that belonged to him covered her frame up to her thighs, he couldn't remember if she had on shorts but his mind didn't seem to care as his eyes stayed glued to her bare legs.

Sage's eyes flashed as she smelt the smell coming off of Stiles, it was like her senses had picked up on every little thing. Her eyes scanned his face before they dropped to his neck, she took a sharp intake as she could feel the blood pumping through his veins. All she wanted to do was jump his bones.

But she couldn't.

"Stiles..."

"Shit sorry—uh, I better get going." He rumbled as he quickly gathered his things, the vampire just nodded as she shifted on her feet, she dug her nails into her arms to stop herself from leaping at the boy. Vampires don't go in heat, so she had no idea why the sudden smell that came off Stiles sent her crazy.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." Stiles sent his soulmate a small smile before bringing her into his arms. Sage buried her head into his shoulders, all she wanted to do was inhale the boy's scent but she knew she couldn't.

Stiles quickly bid the girl goodbye as he answered his phone, Sage smiled as she watched her human pile into his jeep while he rambled on with his dad. Again, the vampire was too occupied to notice that the necklace around her neck started to glow.

*~*