Chapter 16

Sage had to fight the smile off her face when she saw the Stlinski boy laying in the uncomfortable hospital chairs snoring away

Sage had to fight the smile off her face when she saw the Stlinski boy laying in the uncomfortable hospital chairs snoring away. She had told the boy many times to go home and rest but he refused to leave her side, said he wanted to be here for moral support.

Her blue eyes scanned over the boy, she had watched him sleep many times- in a non-creepy way. She had done the same to Lydia before she was admitted into hospital. It was the bond, she always wanted to make sure that they were okay, she may admit she watched Stiles a little longer than Lydia but she would never tell him that.

Her smile soon turned into a frown once she felt Lydia's frustration through the bond, she stole one more quick glance at Stiles before making her way into Lydia's hospital room.

She watched her strawberry blonde continuously ruffle her covers trying to get comfortable.

"Lyd, just get out of bed already." Sage teased, Lydia gave the girl a faux glare but her glare soon turned into a real one when she noticed her dad walk into the room.

Sage didn't know all the ins and outs of Lydia and her dad's relationship but she knew that her best friend did not like her father. He always treated her like a kid and tried to parent her when he was never around, and for that Sage didn't like the guy.

Sage ignored the man, walking over to the empty seat next to the bed, "You want help getting in the shower?" The man asked his daughter who was getting out of the hospital bed she had been lying in all weekend long.

"Maybe if I was four. And still taking bubble baths." Lydia gave him a sarcastic smile.

He pursed his lips, glancing over at Sage who was sitting in the chair with an amused look on her face. "Right, I'll just wait outside then. Where it's slightly less sarcastic." He muttered, leaving the room.

Sage watched the man with an amused smile on her face, she looked over at Lydia who made her way to the bathroom but not before throwing her guardian a shy smile.

"Don't worry Lyd's I'm not leaving, I'll get you something from the vending machine yeah?" The strawberry blonde nodded at her with a thankful smile before heading into the shower.

Sage stepped out of the room only to see Melissa and Mr Martin watching Stiles who had a get well soon balloon wrapped around his wrists.

"Is he here for her, Lydia?"

"He's here for her, and she's here for Lydia," Melissa said gesturing to the blonde vampire who was watching the boy with a soft smile.

"Thank you for being there for her." Sage looked over at the Martin man with a straight face, she knew this would probably be the last time she saw the man so she had no need to be remotely nice to him.

"She's my best friend, I'm always going to be there for her. Just like you should  be." Sage ignored but didn't miss the slightly guilty look on Mr Martin's face, instead, she focused on Stiles who was making air kissy faces while muttering a few words under his breath.