[Chapter 48] "Finally"

Previously:

Looking right into each other's eyes, Noodle communicates to Horae. It gets awkward as they stare at each other for around 5 minutes in complete silence.

After a little while, she seems to understand what to do and turns to Hikari's bone corpse.

(Horae) - "[Reverse](SSS)"

Suddenly, Hikari's body starts to form back into her full body with her... Eh, organs first. Eventually, a dead dragon with its tongue sticking out with its eyes in a weird matter can only be described as...

Ahegao.

{---------------------------------------------------------------------}

(Adventurers) - "Finally, it's over."

The assault of the capital may be over, but the damage and losses are catastrophic.

(Charlie) - "Damn it, Daisuke, why did you have to be trouble constantly. When I first came here and when demons started attacking."

(*Charlie*) - "No matter what he did, he didn't deserve the life he got."

A few tears are seen being shed.

(Charlie) - "I'm... sorry."

Finding the will to move, Charlie heads back to the capital that is now rubble.

_______________________________________________

As time gets reversed on Hikari, I can't help but facepalm at the sight before me. Why does every little thing have to be so weird in this world? It's like God is just bored out of his mind and writing all of the memes he has in his head down into a book.

My thoughts get cut out when I see Hikari crawl into her dead body's mouth.

(Alderam) - "The hell are you doing!?"

(Hiloli) - "I need to go back into my body, right?"

(Alderam) - "Shouldn't you be able to enter your body in a soul transfer thing?"

(Hiloli) - "Now that you mention it, that is a better idea! You're so smart, Alderam!"

Did she lose all that intelligence when she came back or something?

Finally, understanding that her previous idea was borderline idiotic, she walked through her dead body without physically going into her body through the mouth.

After a few seconds, she started to breathe and slowly get up. When she is on her feet, she does a ninety-degree turn towards me and lunges at me.

However, this time, I can tank the blow and not go flying backward hundreds of meters. Initially, I wasn't too worried about Hikari since Noodle has a resurrection skill, and she is borderline...Nah, she's immortal, so I knew she could be brought back.

I'm not the type to do a complete personality change and be a total revenge freak. I ain't some emo edgelord after all. I just wish I had the anime plot armor where I get some random bs power-up to defeat the antagonist during the fight. *cough cough* Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail I'm talking to you.

Anyways, I should get back to the giant light dragon hugging me like a monster. I'm legitimately surprised at how much stronger I got during my training. I didn't feel stronger then because I was getting my ass handed to me for years.

(Alderam) - "Uh, you can let go now."

(Hikari) - "It was horrible. I was stuck inside of that filthy dragon slayer! I'm only yours. He. Must. Absolutely. Be. Eliminated."