Chapter 13

I hummed to the music that came through my headphones as I shuffled some of my boxes from my uncles house out of my trunk to the garage of our new house

I hummed to the music that came through my headphones as I shuffled some of my boxes from my uncles house out of my trunk to the garage of our new house. Out of nowhere Edward leapt down from above me and I screamed as I dropped my box, Edward catching it effortlessly. "Jesus Christ don't do that!" I said as I playfully hit his hard chest.

"Sorry" he said as he chuckled. I shook my head as I pulled my headphones out and stuffed them into my jeans pocket. "I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow" said Edward as he leaned on his elbow against my car. "Wait what?! You're going to take me to your house tomorrow with your family?" I said in astonishment.

"Yeah" Edward replied nonchalantly. "What if they don't like me?" I said as I looked at him. "You're going into a house full of vampires and you're scared they won't like you?" said Edward before he chuckled. "Edward, I live with two vampires. Going into a house full of them won't phase me" I replied and he nodded.

"Well, since I'm meeting your family tomorrow, you can meet mine right now" I said as I grabbed Edwards hand and began tugging him towards my house. I opened the front door and closed it behind Edward. "Mom?" I called out. Within a second she appeared in front of me.

"Mom, I want you to meet my boyfriend" I said as I looked at her.. "It's nice to meet you Ms Fernandez. I would like to formally introduce myself, I'm Edward Cullen" said Edward politely. "Ahh Edward. Carlisle's son, yes, Serena has told me so much about you. My name's Angelica" said my mom as she shook his hand.

"Carlos!" My mom called and within moments Carlos appeared by her side, his arm around her waist. "Carlos, this is Edward, Edward this is my moms mate, Carlos" I said as I introduced them. "Hola Edward. It's nice to finally meet you" Carlos said as he shook his hand, a welcoming smile on his face. "You too" Edward replied.

"Why don't we sit in the living room so we can chat?" said my mom and I nodded before we walked over to the living room and sat on the two sofas facing each other. "Now Edward, I would like to lay some ground rules if you are going to date my Serena. First of all, what are your intentions with her?" said my mom and I felt the blush of embarrassment come to my face.

"Mom" I whined. "It's ok. Ms Fernandez, I have waited a long time to meet someone like Serena. As of now, my only intentions are to love and protect her unconditionally" said Edward and I had to fight the smile urging to come onto my face as I squeezed his hand.

"Well I'm glad. Secondly, I have heightened tracking abilities so if you and my daughter sneak out or something, I will easily find you and trust me, when I find you, it won't be pretty. Lastly, Serena is the most important thing to me. If you ever hurt her physically or emotionally, I will not hesitate to find you and kill you" said my mom.

"I would never hurt her Ms Smith I promise. As long as Serena is with me, I will do everything in my power to keep her safe" Edward replied and my mom smiled. "Good" she said happily.