Chapter 41

3rd Person P.O.V

Riley Biers looked around the house as he stood in the kitchen. He walked through and took a deep whiff immediately catching the scent of more vampires. He walked towards the stairs and as we walked up, he looked at the photos of two young girls who looked alike. He pulled one off the wall and looked at the writing on the bottom of the photo.

Serena and Charlotte at their 14th birthday party x

Riley placed the photo back and continued walking up the stairs and took another whiff of the air before turning in the direction where Serena's scent was strongest. He entered the room and looked around. His mouth watered with the overwhelming scent of the human girl. Her blood was so mouth watering.

He approached her bed and looked down at the photo of Serena and Edward Cullen at what appeared to be their prom. He turned the picture towards him and felt the smirk come to his face with satisfaction knowing that Victoria's plan was going perfectly. He felt exhilaration at the thought of ripping Edward and Christopher, apart, limb from limb as Serena watched before he and Victoria killed her and the Swan girl.

Riley looked over the room for any article of clothing he could take back to Seattle. He saw a purple shirt party under Serena's bed and bent down before picking it up. He brought it to his nose and took a sniff before his mouth instantly watered with venom. He gripped the shirt in his hand and closed his eyes before walking to Serena's window.

He slid it open before climbing out and closing the window. Riley effortlessly leapt to the ground before he took off into the woods heading to the Swan girls house.

Angelica's P.O.V

"And then I had this elderly patient who was resisting his medication. It was just chaos" I said as I pulled my car into the driveway and Serena giggled. "Wow. I don't think I'd have the guts to be a nurse in all honesty" she replied and I smiled as I climbed out after parking. I closed my door and locked my car before heading to the front door.

I placed my key inside the lock and turned it before opening the door. As soon as I did I froze as I caught the scent of an unfamiliar vampire. I grabbed Serena's arm stopping her from moving. "Mom? What is it?" she asked. I took a deep whiff and opened my eyes to see the outline of a strange man entering through the back door.

He walked through the laundry and to the foyer where he looked around for a few moments before making his way up the stairs where I watched him stop and pick up the photo of Serena and Charlotte at their 14th birthday party. "Mom!" Serena exclaimed as I ran to the stairs running up them as I followed his scent and saw his outline heading to Serena's room.

I entered her room where he walked over to her bedside table and turned the picture of Serena and Edward towards him. I scrunched my eyebrows as I looked at his face. I recognised him from somewhere but couldn't remember where from. The stranger then turned and bent down picking up a shirt form under Serena's bed before bringing it to his nose and smelling it.

He then walked over to Serena's window and leapt out of it. "Mom what is going on?!" Serena snapped as she grabbed my shoulder. I turned and looked at her concerned face. "Someone has been in here" I said as I looked at her and her brown eyes widened. "Who?" she asked. "I didn't recognise his scent. He was after something. It was another vampire. We need to leave. He could still be around the area" I said as I grabbed Serena's hand and dragged her out of the house.

Serena's P.O.V

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked as we all sat in the living room of the Cullen's house. I was sitting beside my mom on the sofa as Edward stood across from me. I heard the front door open and close signalling Emmett, Jasper and Carlos' return. "A stranger. I didn't recognise his scent" replied Christopher as he stood by the window.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested. "A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive and they wouldn't have gone to Serena's house either. The Angelica and Carlos' scent" Rosalie spoke up. "The scent disappeared about five miles south of our house. I couldn't trace it any further"said Carlos as they entered the room.

"Someone's orchestrating this" said Carlisle and I bit my bottom lip as I thought hard. "Could it be Victoria? She's been in the area and we all know she's after Bella and I" I said as I looked to Carlisle. "I would've seen her decide" Alice said as she turned to me. "Has to be the Volturi" said Edward.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions too" Alice replied. "So we keep looking" said Emmett. "We'll also take shifts guarding the girls at their homes" Carlisle said. "Another protection detail?" Rosalie said irritably. "Rosalie" Carlisle said, silencing her.

"No she's right. You can't protect us, watch our families and search for the intruder" said Bella from her position on the couch. "And for Victoria" said Rosalie. "And keep yourselves fed" I spoke up. "We're not leaving you here defenceless" Edward said as he looked at me. "I won't be defenceless. I'll have my mom and Carlos and you as well. I'll be ok" I said.

"You'll need guard outside as well" said Esme. "Christopher, I'm not gonna let you starve. And we wouldn't be unprotected. I have..." Bella trailed. "What?" Christopher questioned as he looked at Bella and the wolves instantly came to mind.