Chapter 39

"Woooooo!" I cheered as I skied faster down the hill

"Woooooo!" I cheered as I skied faster down the hill. My mom appeared beside me and I flashed her a toothy grin before skidding to a stop at the bottom of the hill. "Oh my God I've missed this so much" I said as I pushed my googles up. "I knew you'd love it" said my mom and I giggled. "Feel like a hot coco?" said my mom and I nodded before we skied towards the lodge cafe.

I took off my skiis before my mom and I entered the cafe. We walked up to the counter where the lady smiled at us. "Hi can I please get one regular take away mocha?" I asked and she nodded as she entered it into the till. "That's $3.35" said the lady and my mom handed her a $5 bill. The lady gave her the change before saying "We'll bring it out for you".

My mom and I walked outside to one of the tables and sat down. "And I thought Forks was cold" I said as I rubbed my hands together and my mom laughed. "That's one thing I don't miss about being human. Feeling the cold" said my mom and I giggled. "Do you miss anything about being human?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Mmm I miss sleeping. Some nights are really long and there are only so many shows you can watch. Oh and I miss eating sometimes. You know how much I loved my paella but not worrying about gaining weight is good. I don't know what else I miss in all honesty" said my mom and I nodded. "I can't wait till I'm a vampire" I replied.

"So you and Edward are getting back together?" asked my mom and I sighed. "Of course I'm going to be with him again at one point but he needs to learn his lesson" I replied and my mom giggled. "Serena, don't you think you've punished him enough?" said my mom and I shrugged. "I don't know. I still don't fully trust him yet ya know?" I said and she nodded.

"I get it baby. I do but I also want to see you happy and I know that Edward makes you happiest" said my mom and I smiled. "You liking Edward? Did you bump your head or something?" I joked and mom chuckled. "Though he's not my favourite person, he means a lot to you and you mean everything to me" said my mom and I smiled. "Thank you mama" I said and she smiled.

"But if he ever hurts you again I will hunt him down, rip his limbs off one at a time, and will light him on fire with his head still attached" said my mom and I gasped. "What are you a psycho?" I said and she smirked. "Not a psycho, just a protective mom" she replied and I laughed. "One regular mocha?" said a waitress as she walked over with my drink.

"Thank you" I replied as she placed it down in front of me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok that's one foot done. Give me your other one" said my mom as she shook the dark blue nail polish bottle. I placed my other foot in her lap as we sat in front of the fire place. "Next question, who was the actor who played Matt Flamhaff is the hit movie '13 going on 30' staring Jennifer Garner?" I read from the magazine, a cup of hot chocolate in my hand.

"Oh crap! What's his name! Uhhhhh Mark...Mark...ugh he was also in Rumor Has It too. Oh Mark Ruffalo!" said my mom. "Yes!" I said and she laughed. "Ok. What year did Backstreet Boys become a band?" I asked. "Easy. 1993" said my mom and I smirked. "What year did the famous Horror/Scifi movie 'Alien' come out?" I asked. "1979. I remember I was 8 and my father watched it with me and I was terrified!" said my mom and I laughed.

"Oh God you know what I remember watching? IT. I had nightmares for years" I replied and mom gave a laugh. "I remember you and Charlotte always needing to sleep in my bed because you were scared a clown was in your closet" said my mom and I laughed. "Charlotte was terrified of red balloons for years after that" I replied and mom nodded as she giggled.

"I remember she told me not to have any red balloons at you 10th birthday party or else" said my mom. "Or else what? She would run away screaming?" I joked. "Alright your toes are all done" said my mom as she patted my foot and I smiled as I looked at my toes.

Edward's P.O.V

I watched the trees looking for any movement as we all stood in the middle of the woods waiting for Victoria. I could feel the anticipation and tension in the air as my family stood around me. I focused on Alice trying to read her mind waiting for a vision of Victoria to come. "Are you sure this is where you saw her?" I said breaking the silence.

"She's almost here" Alice replied. "On your left!" Alice exclaimed and without a second thought I sprinted off in the direction ahead of my family, Victoria running a few feet in front of me. I reached forward attempting to grab her only for her to make a sharp right into the trees. I groaned before turning and chasing after her.

I was as Emmett grabbed her shoulder before she effortlessly him over, causing him to land hard on the ground with a grunt. I felt the anger surge through me as memories of Serena in the ballet studio flashed through my mind driving me to run faster. I watched as Victoria leapt over the small river bank onto the other side.

"Wait! She's in their territory!" Carlisle said as he put his arm in front of us signalling us to stop before we sprinted along our side, trying to keep up with her. "She'll get away!" Esme called. "No she won't!" Jasper snapped as the wolves chased after Victoria. I sprinted ahead of Jasper leaping over the rocks as fast as I could.

Victoria leapt back onto our land and I saw Jasper running slightly in front of me in my peripheral vision. Victoria leapt up some trees, Jasper doing the same as he dove through the air trying to grab her only to just miss like I had. I continued running getting closer and closer to her, my vision turning into tunnel vision as I was just feet away, Emmett beside me.

I watched as she leapt off the cliff onto the other side. "Emmett no!" I heard Rosalie snap as we all stopped when Emmett leapt over the cliff side. As he went to land on onto the Quilleute territory, Emmett was tackled into the water by one of the wolves. Emmett rose from the water, drenched and huffing with anger.

I watched the flash of red hair disappear into the trees from my sight.