Chapter 25

"So Bella like called me last night out of nowhere and was like 'Hey wanna hang out?' And I was like 'yeah sure even though you've barely spoken to me in weeks' you know? Like I get it you're going through heart break but everyone could be going through something it's not just about you right?" said Jessica as she jogged beside me during gym.

"Sure" I said puffed as I continued jogging. "Ugh Mike is being such a guy. Look at him flirting with Annabella De'Busso right in front of me like some douchebag. We broke up like five minutes ago Mike, relax. Honestly guys are such idiots. At least your ex is gone and you don't have to see him everyday rubbing your break up in your face" said Jess and I inwardly groaned. Does she ever shut up?!

"Dude your body is looking so good right now. What's your secret? Is it the bombshell diet from Vogue? Or are you like vegetarian because my cousin went veg and she lost like 10 pounds. Or laxatives? You know if you're doing laxatives be careful. I once knew this girl who swallowed like 100 laxatives in a week and she had to be taken to the hospital to get her stomach pumped" Jess said and I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes.

"I'm not on any diet or anything just stress I suppose" I said. "Maybe I need to find things that stress me out if it means I look like that" said Jess. My head began getting dizzy and my stomach began to turn. I slowed down my jogging before I leaned on my knees letting out deep breathes as I began seeing small black dots.

"You ok dude?" asked Jess as she stopped beside me. "I feel...really light headed" I said before everything went black...

I stroked Edwards arm as I laid on his chest. I looked up at him as we laid in the field, the sun making his skin shine. "What's on your mind my love?" he said as I looked at him. "Why did you have to leave me?" I said as I looked into his golden eyes that I missed so much. "I had no choice" he whispered back. "Yes you did" I said back and he softly shook his head. "So stubborn" he replied as he caressed my cheek and I smiled. "I miss you" I said and he smiled. "I miss you too"

"Serena...Serena!" My eyes fluttered open and I saw my gym teacher, Mrs Bateman, leaning over me. "Serena! Can you hear me?!" She said and I nodded. "Here's some water Mrs Bateman" said a student as she handed Mrs Bateman a plastic cup. "Thanks Anna. Here, sit up slowly" said Mrs Bateman as she helped me sit up where I saw the whole class around me.

She handed me the cup and I took it before taking a sip. "How are you feeling Serena?" said Mrs Bateman as she looked at me. "Still a little woozy" I replied as I held my head. "Ok. Let me take you to the nurses office. No one muck around or else there will be trouble" said Mrs Bateman as she helped me stand before guiding me out of the gym.

After a couple minutes we entered the nurses office where she sat me down. "Whats happened?" said the nurse as she walked over. "Serena fainted during gym class" said Mrs Bateman. "Oh dear. How are you feeling Serena? Dizzy? Nauseous? Light headed?" said the nurse as she grabbed a torched and examined my eyes.

"Uhh a little light headed" I replied and she nodded. "Have you had any head injuries lately? Concussions?" she asked and I shook my head. "Any medical conditions? Diabetes? Heart problems? Seizures?" She asked. "No" I replied. "Ok. Have you had your iron checked?" she asked. "Not for a couple of months" I replied and she nodded.

"Something I would suggest you do incase you have low iron. One of the benefits of being a female" said the nurse sarcastically and I smiled. "How much water have you had today?" asked the nurse and I shrugged. "I can't remember" I said and she nodded. "Here. It's an electrolyte drink. You may be dehydrated" said the nurse as she handed me a cup of red liquid.

I took a sip and shrugged at the sweet taste. "Have you been sleeping well lately Serena?" asked the nurse as she pulled her desk chair over to her. "Mmm not really" I replied and she typed away on her computer. "Ok. How about your diet. Have you been eating properly?" said then nurse as she looked at me. "Not really. I haven't been paying attention" I replied.

"Why haven't you been eating properly?" asked the nurse. "Just been under a lot of stress lately" I replied and she nodded. "If you're finding the stress too much to handle or if it is an underlying mental health issue I would defiantly recommend speaking to one of the councillors here at school" said the nurse as she handed me a pamphlet on mental health.

"I think it's just school stress you know. Tests, homework" I replied and she nodded. "Let me take your blood pressure" she said as she pulled the band out and strapped it around my arm. She began pumping it before finishing up. "Well your blood pressure seems to be normal. I don't think there's anything serious going on here medical wise. I would say it's a mixture of hunger and exhaustion. Serena, it's really important that you look after yourself. Just because everything looks fine externally, doesn't mean everything is fine internally. Make sure you have a decent lunch, I would suggest something with high protein like chicken or eggs and make sure you're getting seven to eight ours of sleep each night. If you find you're struggling with sleep you may be having some insomnia so I would recommend going to your local doctor so they can help you find a resolution ok?" said the nurse as she turned to me and I nodded.

"Good. How are you feeling now?" she asked as she took the now empty cup from me. "Better" I replied and she smiled. "Great. Here, take a lollipop to raise your sugar levels and give you a little energy boost. If you begin to feel light headed again or nauseous make sure you come right back" said the nurse as she handed me a lollipop and I nodded before leaving her office.