Chapter 63

I grimaced as I shifted on the sofa before continuing to look out the window. "Serena" I heard Rosalie say softly and I turned to look at her. "Want me to run you a bath?" she asked and I nodded. My mom stood up from beside me and grabbed my hands before helping me stand up. I gripped onto her arm as she helped me walk to the bathroom.

I removed my grey shirt and my mom helped me take off my pants. I looked in the floor length mirror and felt sickened at the sight of my body. My legs, arms, and chest were nothing but skin and bone. My stomach was black and blue with bruising from the baby kicking along with my ribcage from the broken ribs.

I looked behind me and saw my moms face, a look of sadness on her face as she looked at me before my eyes fell on Edward who was standing outside the bathroom. Rosalie walked to the door and pulled it closed before turning to me. "The water is ready" she said and I took her hand as she lead me to the bath.

I cautiously stepped into the tub and Rosalie helped me sit down. I sighed in content as I felt the warm water over my body. "Are you ok in here?" said my mom a she looked at Rosalie and I. "Yeah" I said and she nodded before she walked out of the bathroom.

Angelica's P.O.V

"Edward" I said as I walked out of the bathroom and following him outside to the balcony. "I realised I haven't spoken to you at all since all this" I said as I leaned on the balcony beside him. "I know I've been pretty rough on you since you entered Serena's life but I did that because she is my daughter and I do it out of love. I'm sorry for my outburst on you the other day" I said as I looked at him.

"It's alright. I kind of deserved it. You're right. I haven't really thought about what Serena wants only what I want. I just don't want to lose her" said Edward as he looked at me. "I don't either. She's all I have left. I can't imagine a world without her nor do I want to but unfortunately that's a possibility right now. Since it is, try making things better with Serena. We don't know how long she has left" I replied and he nodded.

Serena's P.O.V

"This bath making you feel a little better?" said Rosalie and I nodded as I rubbed my stomach. "Helps my muscle pain" I said and she gave a small smile. "Have you thought about any names yet?" she asked and I nodded. "Yeah. I've been tossing them around. I wish I knew what I was having. It would make it easier" I said and Rosalie chuckled.

"Yeah. But it's something to look forward too at the delivery" said Rose and I sucked in a sharp breath. "Carlisle told me today, there's a chance my heart might give out before I can deliver" I said and Rosalie's eyes turned to sadness. "Really?" she asked and I remained silent as my eyes stung with tears.

"You can do this Serena. I know you're strong enough" said Rosalie as she grabbed my hand. "I don't think I can Rose. I underestimated this whole thing. Part of me thinks that I should've ended this when I had the chance. Before it was too late but I've missed my chance now. All I can do is hope that I at least make it to the delivery" I said as I looked at her.

"Rose, I need you to promise me something" I said and she looked up at me. "I need you to promise that if I don't make it, if I die before or during the delivery, that you will help my mom raise my baby. I-I can't count on Edward because he will be too heartbroken and I don't want my baby to be left alone. I don't want to die knowing my baby won't be taken care of" I said as a tear fell from my eyes.

"Of course I will Serena. I promise" said Rosalie before she embraced me. "Thank you" I whispered.