Chapter 49

I winced as I pricked my finger with a safety pin before squeezing it to make more blood come out. I walked through the woods making my way back to Edward as I touched every plant and tree I could with my bloodied finger. I walked through the edge of the woods where I saw Edward waiting with a smirk on his face.

"You're going overboard" he said as I walked over to him. "Well since this is all happening because of me, I want to help as much as possible" I replied. "The newborns will be frantic" Edward said as he gently grabbed my finger and looked at it. "Don't make yourself uncomfortable" I said as Edward looked at my hand and he shook his head.

"It doesn't bother me anymore" Edward replied. "Really? Since when?" I asked. "Since I spent 24 hours thinking you were dead" said Edward and I bit my bottom lip. Edward turned my hand over and a smile came to his face as he caressed the ring on my finger. "You know Alice has already made plans for the wedding?" said Edward and I giggled.

"Of course she has. Should I be scared?" I joked and Edward chuckled. "Mmm there may be a few crystal chandeliers and peacocks around the place" Edward joked and I shook my head. "Who's head is unclear?" Jacob's voice said and I turned to see him walking
over to Bella and Christopher. "Nobody's I hope" said Bella as Leah walked over to me.

"Alice says there's a storm coming" said Edward as he looked up at the clouds. "Yeah I could feel it on the way here. We should probably get going if you want to avoid it" said Leah and I nodded. "I'll see you in a couple of hours" said Edward before he leaned down kissing my forehead. He turned and disappeared into the woods with Christopher.

Leah bent down and I hopped onto her back before jogging into the woods.

After a few hours, Leah climbed up the hill to the top of the mountain where I saw Edward and Christopher waiting. She placed me down and I turned to her. "Thank you" I said before turning and walking to Edward who wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Thank you for doing that Leah" said Edward and she rolled her eyes. "I didn't have much of a choice" she replied.

"You two should get back before the storm hits" said Bella as she stood with Christopher. "No we're staying" Jacob said causing Leah to roll her eyes. "Let's get you two inside before it gets colder" said Christopher as he wrapped his arm around Bella's shoulder. Edward lead me to the tent and unzipped it before I walked inside.

I walked to my bag and unzipped it before grabbing out my puffer jacket. I put it over my hoodie as Bella entered the tent. "Woah Serena! What is that?" Said Bella as she looked at my left hand."An engagement ring. Edward proposed last night" I said and she gasped as a smile came to her face. "Congratulations!" She said as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Thanks Bella" I said before we pulled away. As the day turned to night, the temperature dropped dramatically. I shivered as I sat wrapped up in my sleeping bag with a beanie on my head. "Why don't you try sleeping Serena?" said Edward and I nodded. I laid down on the air mattress and gripped my pillow with my gloved hand.

Bella laid beside me shivering. "We should have chosen a site lower down" said Christopher. "No it's fine. I'm ok" said Bella as she continued to shiver. I wiggled my feet in my boots to ensure they didn't get hypothermia. I sighed as I continued to shiver as the wind rattled the tent. "What can I do?" said Edward as he looked at me. "N-nothing" I replied.

Bella and I shifted closer to each other in an attempt to stay warm but to no avail. After a few more minutes the tent flap unzipped and a shirtless Jacob and Leah walked in. "I can't sleep with all that teeth chattering going on" said Jacob as he closed the flap before turning to Bella and I. "Forget it" said Edward as he looked to Jacob, a look of anger and disgust in his face.

"They may need their toes one day. And let's face it, I am hotter than the both of you" Jacob as he looked at Edward and Christopher. He went to walk over to Bella and I when Christopher suddenly appeared in front of him, his hand grabbing Jacobs arm as a low growl came from Edwards chest.

"Get your hand off me!" Jacob spat. "Keep your hands off them!" said Christopher as he glared darkly at Jacob. "D-Don't fight!" I exclaimed as I glared at all three of them. "If they get sick it's on you" said Jacob as he looked at Christopher and Edward. Edward looked at Christopher before looking at me. "Ok" he said before stepping back.

"I'm taking watch outside" Leah said bitterly before she exited the tent. Jacob slid in-between Bella and I and I scooted closer to him. "Holy crap!" I gasped as I immediately felt Jacob's warmth. "Jeez you two are freezing" said Jacob as he wrapped is arms around Bella and I. "You'd warm up faster if you took your clothes off" he said. "Jake" Bella said shakily.

"Survival 101" Jake replied. I rolled over and looked at Edward before reaching my hand out to him.He sat closer and placed his hand in mine as I held it under the sleeping bag. After a few minutes, I felt my body warm up and finally welcomed the drowsiness that washed over me as I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.