Chapter 74

As the weeks slowly moulded into days, more and more vampires came from all corners of the earth to hear our story

As the weeks slowly moulded into days, more and more vampires came from all corners of the earth to hear our story. The covens that had arrived were the Denali's, the Irish coven consisting of Siobhan, Liam and Maggie who had the gift of detecting deception in other people, the Egyptian clan, Amun, his mate Kebi, Benjamin who had control of the elements and his mate Tia and finally, the Amazonian coven, Senna and Zafrina who had the mental ability to control what people see.

We also had numerous nomads arrive including Jasper's friend Peter and his mate Charlotte, Carlisle's old friends Garett, Randall and a nomad woman named Mary who met Randall on his way here. My mom and Carlos had returned from Spain with Carlos' brother Mauricio and his mate Teresa. In total that was twenty vampires who had heard our plea and came to help. With the arrival of so many vampires in their territory, more wolves phased and joined Sam's pack.

I smiled as I watched Colette play pat-a-cake with Mauricio. Masen jumped up in the air as he tried to catch the birds Benjamin had formed out of sand which flew in the air. "There's a lot of red eyes around here" said Leah as she stood beside me. "They've all agreed not to hunt in the area" I replied and she gave a nod. "They'll hunt somewhere" said Jacob from beside her.

The sound of a car arriving in the driveway caught my attention and I walked to the window to see Esme and Carlisle had finally arrived home with our last witness. Edward and I walked downstairs and greeted them. "How many came?" said Carlisle as he walked over to him. "Twenty. You have some good friends" said Edward as he smiled at Carlisle.

"And Alice?" Esme asked, a glimmer of hope in her eye causing me to shake my head. "We haven't heard anything from her or Jasper" I replied. Her smile dropped and I leaned forward embracing her before we pulled away. "Well we'll all be on Aro's list now. Centuries on the run, that's what you've brought me. Some friend Carlisle" the man said bitterly.

"Alistair, come meet everyone" said Carlisle as he waved his friend over. "I already told you, if it comes to a fight, I won't stand against the Volturi" said Alistair as he shook his head. "It won't come to a fight" Carlisle replied. "I'll be in the attic" said Alistair as he brushed Carlisle off before leaping up to the very top floor of the house.

"He seems friendly" I said as I turned to Esme. "He's not a people person" she replied. "You don't say" I said causing her to chuckle as we walked inside.

With so many of those who arrived having amazing abilities of their own, it was so intriguing to see every gift in action. My eyes widened in amazement as the woods of Forks morphed into the beautiful rainforest of the Amazon. "Oh my God" I said as I looked around. "I can't see anything" Bella said from beside me in confusion.

"Christopher, you didn't tell me your wife was a shield" said Eleazar as he walked over to us; the vision of the Amazon fading. "What's a shield?" said Bella as she turned to Christopher. "The one's I've met are so different. It explains why I couldn't manipulate your mind not even before. Or why Edward couldn't read your thoughts" said Christopher as he looked at Bella, a smile on his face.