Chapter 75

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves" said Edward as I sat on the couch beside him. "Too bad we don't all have your shield or Serena's energy gift" Garett said as he looked to Bella and I. "It doesn't help me fight though" Bella said.

"I don't even know what triggers my gift nor how to control it. I'm completed useless in this" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. "But you could help the rest of us if you could project it and Serena, if you learned how your ability works then you'll know how to control it" said Tanya as she looked between Bella and I. "What do you mean?" Bella asked. "I mean shield someone other than yourself" Tanya replied.

"Is that possible?" Bella asked, intrigue in her voice. "Gifts can be developed over time" Carlisle replied. "What about my gift?" I asked. "Once you figure out the trigger for your gift and how to control it, you could easily become the strongest vampire in the world just with your gift alone " Carlisle said and my eyes widened. "Seriously?" I questioned and he nodded.

"At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body. I can also strengthen my gift and make it more powerful and painful" Kate said. "How do you do it?" I asked and Kate sighed. "Tell us" said Bella as she grabbed her hand. "Ow" said Kate as she looked up at Bella.

"Ok" said Kate as I stood across from her outside. "Serena, I want you to picture your gift. The colour of it, where you want it to project from. Feel your inner self and where this energy is stored" said Kate. I closed my eyes and focused on my body. I felt an accumulation of energy building in my chest. I took in a breath as I focused the energy as hard as I could.

I opened my arms and looked down at my hands to see a red glow to them. I raised them and tried shooting the energy at a tree. A small spark came out before the glow disappeared. "Well that was pathetic" said Kate and I turned to her, my eyebrows furrowed in frustration. "Excuse me?" I said as I looked at her. "All you did was make your palms glow. Do it again and do better this time" said Kate.

I closed my eyes once more and focused on the energy in my chest. I focused the energy to run through my arms and felt the familiar feeling of it gathering in my palms. I opened my eyes and tried shooting at the tree only for the same thing to happen. I groaned as I covered my face in frustration and anger. "Wow Serena. At this rate you're gonna end up as nothing but a pile of ash once the Volturi is through with you" said Kate as she laughed causing me to glare.

"Is there something funny? Because I don't see this as funny! You're supposed to be helping me and all you're doing is laughing at me!" I snapped. "Because this is becoming comical Serena. God, I'm sure Masen and Colette would be very proud of you right now" said Kate sarcastically and I felt anger surge through me. "Kate!" Carmen said in shock.

"Don't you dare mention my children!" I snapped as I stepped up to her. "Ok I think that's enough Kate" said Edward as he stepped forward. "No. At this rate Serena, you're going to be joining your pathetic, weak human sister" Kate said. "Are you asking for a death wish?!" said my mom as she glared at Kate. "Please. Serena is nothing but a weak, useless person. She won't do anything" Kate taunted.