Chapter 67 - Breaking Dawn Part 2

I felt me senses awaken before I opened my eyes

I felt me senses awaken before I opened my eyes...I could hear the sound of a bird chirping in the woods outside, the breeze rustling the branches...I sat up on the table and looked around the room. I could see every speck of dust that lay in the carpet, every paint stroke in the artwork that hung on the wall. I turned and looked around the room, seeing the sun shining through the window.

I lifted my hand up and watched in amazement as my skin glistened like diamonds. I looked around the room once more before my eyes landed on Edward. I climbed off the bed before I walked over to him, sliding my hand into his open one he had reached out to me. My eyes widened slightly as I didn't feel the usual coolness of his touch. He didn't feel cold anymore.

He felt, the same as me/ Edward smiled as he looked at me, his hand coming to my cheek as I leaned into his touch. "So beautiful" he whispered as he looked at me. "We're the same temperature now" said Edward as he held my hands in his and I smiled. I turned and saw the mirror leaning against the wall. "Go look at yourself" said Edward.

I bit my bottom lip before walking in front of the mirror. My mouth fell ajar as I looked at my appearance. My cheekbones had become more defined, my lips had a beautiful pinkish hue to them and my hair was thick and healthy. As I looked at my eyes, I couldn't help the smile that found it's way onto my face. They were blood red. I had finally become who I wanted to be.

I looked the most beautiful I had ever looked. "I can't believe this is real" I said, my voice catching me off guard. It was smooth and clear; no strain or vocal cracks. Edward chuckled from behind me and I turned before wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him into me as I felt a wave of lust come over me. He gave a groan as his hands held my waist.

"Uh...Serena, you're a lot stronger then I am right now" said Edward. I loosened my grip as I let him go and he smiled. "It's your turn not to break me" he said and I giggled before looping my fingers in his belt loop and pulling him to me. "I love you so much" I said and he stepped closer to me. "I love you" he replied before leaning down pressing his lips to mine.

I immediately kissed back as my hand ran up his chest. We pulled away and my eyes widened as I thought about Colette and Masen. "The babies!" I said in excitement as I looked at Edward. "They're incredible" he replied and I turned to the door. "I have to see them!" I said as I went to leave. "Woah Serena wait. You have to get your thirst under control first" Edward said as he grabbed my arm.

As I thought about it, the burning in the back of my throat got stronger causing me to groan as I held it. "Yeah you need to hunt" said Edward before we walked to the open window and leapt out. Edward sprinted ahead of me and took a step forward before sprinting after him going so many miles per second. It was so exhilarating!

I gave out a scream of glee and happiness as I ran through the forest and leapt up into the trees jumping from branch to branch. I saw Edward running below and effortlessly leapt down in front of him before continuing to run. After a few more seconds of running, Edward appeared in front of me and grabbed my waist. "Close your eyes" he said.