Chapter 60

I climbed out of the car with Edward and walked up the steps to the Cullen home

I climbed out of the car with Edward and walked up the steps to the Cullen home. As I made it to the door, it swung open and I saw Carlisle and Esme. They gave me a small smiles as I stepped in and Esme immediately embraced me. I squeezed onto her tightly as she rubbed my back. "It's going to be ok" she whispered and I nodded as I pulled away, my eyes glistening.

We made our way upstairs where we saw the whole family sitting in the living room, a somber silence hanging in the room. "Serena" said Alice as she stood up and hugged me. I hugged her back before pulling away. "Where's my mom?" I asked as I looked around. "She's on her way" said Rosalie and I nodded. "Where are Bella and Chris?" said Edward. "Bella was changed on the second day of their honeymoon. For Serena's safety, she and Chris will return next week if they can guarantee Bella can control her thirst around Serena" Esme explained and I nodded.

"Serena, shall we head to the medical room?" said Carlisle and I nodded before following him. We entered the room, Edward following in toe and Carlisle shut the door behind him. "Just lay on the bed Serena and pull your shirt up" said Carlisle and I did as told as I laid on the bed and rolled my T-shirt up to reveal the small bump that had already formed.

Carlisle walked over as he rolled up his sleeves and opened a tube before squatting some gel onto my stomach. He walked around to the ultrasound machine and turned it on before he grabbed the probe and placed it on my abdomen. He moved it around and I looked at the screen before a white mass appeared.

"This does look like an embryonic sac but I can't see what's inside" said Carlisle as he moved the probe around. "Usually you would see the lining of the embryonic sac and a small white dot or something on the inside which would be a fetus however I can't see anything" he continued. "So what does it mean?" I said as I looked over at him.

"Unfortunately, I'm not sure. In my 300 years of medicine, I've never seen anything like this before" said Carlisle as he turned off the machine and wiped my stomach with paper towel. "What exactly did you feel?" said Carlisle as he looked at me. "A random wave of nausea and movement. Something moved inside of me Carlisle I swear. It's alive. It's not a mass or anything. It's a baby" I said as I looked at him.

"Have you had any cravings, lack of menstruation?" Carlisle questioned and I nodded. "I've been craving a lot of dairy and pineapple. I was also due for my period as well. It should've come by now" I replied and he nodded. "Some women don't realise but the most common times you can get pregnant is a few days before your period and a few days after" Carlisle replied.

"What can you do about it?" said Edward. "Well, at this stage, it is possible that it can be removed without causing any harm to Serena or danger to her life" said Carlisle and I bit my bottom lip. "I-I-I don't know if I want that. I don't know what I want to do at this point" I interjected.

"Serena, you can get this thing removed now before it's too late and you will survive" Edward said as he looked at me. "I know that Edward but I don't know if that's the right thing to do!" I argued. "Whatever you decide Serena, you need to make up your mind soon before it's too late. The fetus appears to be fast growing and we don't know when the delivery date could be" said Carlisle as he looked at me, concern in his eyes.

I nodded and sat up as I ran a hand through my hair. A knock came to the door before Esme popped her head in. "Serena, your mom is here" she said before opening the door and I saw my mom walk in. Edward and Carlisle exited the room as I got off the table and walked into her open arms as she held me to her.

I couldn't help the sob that left my mouth as she stroked my head. "Oh my baby" she said before we pulled away and she wiped my tears. "I'm scared mom. I don't know what to do" I whimpered. "Shhhh" she said as she hugged me once more and I sobbed into her shoulder. "Whatever you decide bebita, I will be behind you 100% ok?" she said and I nodded.

"Has Carlisle run some tests yet?" she asked and I shook my head. "He just gave me a scan and it appears to be a white mass. He can't see past the embryonic sac" I said and she scrunched her eyebrows. "So he can't see anything?" she asked and I nodded. "I know it's a live baby mom. I felt it move" I said as I held my abdomen. "I believe you Serena" she said as she caressed my cheek.