Chapter 24

I continued driving through the dark night as soft music played on the radio

I continued driving through the dark night as soft music played on the radio. "Turn this song up sis" a voice said and I looked behind me to see Charlotte sitting in the back, her feet kicked up as she nodded her head to the music. "Char? What are you doing here?" I said as I continued driving. "Going home with you duh?" She said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I shook my head as I continued driving. "How does it feel to still be human when the love of your life is a vampire?" Charlotte asked causing shock to run through me. "H-How do you know about Edward?!" I said as I looked at her. "Because he's right beside you" said Charlotte. I looked at the passenger seat and gave a scream as I saw Edward sitting beside me.

"I said I'd never leave you" said Edward as he gave me a small smile. "You lied! You left me like I meant nothing to you!" I exclaimed. I swerved off of the road and began heading towards the cliff. "Serena, what are you doing?" said Edward. "I'm doing what you want. I'm being human" I said before driving off the cliff side.

I gasped as my eyes snapped open and I looked around as I saw I was in the living room on the couch. I placed my hand on my chest feeling my heart racing as I sat up on the couch and rubbed my eyes before checking the time to see it was 5 o'clock. "Are you alright Serena?" I heard my mom call. "Yeah just a...bad dream" I said as I ran a band through my hair.

"Ok. Your dinner will be ready in about 20 minutes" she called. "Ok. Thanks. I'm gonna have a shower real quick" I replied before getting up off the couch as I felt the sweat on my back from my dream. I walked from the living room up up to the bathroom. I pursed my lips as I entered the bathroom and closed the door.

I turned the shower on as I waited for the water to heat and looked at my reflection. My eyes had dark bags under them and I had dried up tears on my cheeks. I turned on the cold tap in the sink and splashed my face with cold water. I brought my hand up to my forehead as I let out a deep breath before undressing.

I climbed into the shower and let out a hum as the warm water washed over my body. I quickly washed my hair before washing my body. After a few more moments I stepped out feeling refreshed and turned the shower off. I left the bathroom and walked to my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a long sleeve grey shirt before walking downstairs. I sat down at the counter where I saw a plate of steak and assorted vegetables. "Thanks mom" I said before beginning to eat. My stomach rumbled with hunger and I instantly began scoff the food down. "Whoah! Slow down Serena before you make yourself sick!" said my mom as she pulled my plate back.

I swallowed my mouthful before grabbing the plate and continuing. I finished the entire plate before sliding it forward. "That was good" I replied as I placed my hand over my stomach. "I'm glad to see you eating" said my mom and I smiled. My smile instantly faded as I felt my stomach turn and I took off from the stool to the downstairs bathroom.

I burst in and collapsed to my knees as I vomited up my entire meal. I felt someone pull my hair back and recognised it as my mom. "I told you to slow down niña" said my mom as I finished vomiting. I stood up and she handed me a glass of water. I took a sip and swished some around my mouth before spitting it into the toilet.

I flushed it before taking another drink. "Let me make you some toast" said my mom as she lead me out of the bathroom. I shook my head as I wiped my mouth. "No. I'll just throw it up again. I'll grab something to eat later" I said and my mom looked at me. "Serena-""Mom I promise I will eat something later when my stomach settles" I argued and she sighed before nodding.

I headed upstairs to my room and walked over to my window. I opened it up allowing some fresh air to come in as the sky darkened. I looked into the woods and felt my chest clench in pain as the memories of Edward leaving flooded over me. I walked over to my purse and grabbed my car keys out before slipping on my converse. I walked downstairs and grabbed my jacket from the hooks.

"I'm going for a little drive" I said as I turned to my mom and Carlos who were cuddled up on the couch watching TV. "Ok sweetheart. Drive safe" said my mom and I nodded before walking out the front door. I closed it behind me and ran through the rain to my car before climbing in. I started up the engine before pulling out of the driveway.

I drove away from my house and down the road. The drive was silent, the only sound was my wheels on the road and the raid hitting my car as I continued to drive. After 20 minutes, I drove down the familiar secluded road before the Cullen's house was illuminated by my headlights. I felt my heart race as I turned off my car and grabbed my torch from the glovebox.

I climbed out of my car and approached the dark house. I tugged on the door handle and found it to be locked. I groaned before walking through the garden; my clothing becoming more and more wet due to the rain. I tugged on all of the windows until I managed to find one that wasn't locked. I pulled it open with some difficulty before climbing up and into the house. I landed on the floor, my feet causing an echoed thud.

I shined my torch ahead of me as I walked through the familiar house. My footsteps echoed in the empty home as I walked towards the stairs. I made my way upstairs seeing all of the decorative art was gone, empty hooks in their place. I made my way up the stairs and got to the second floor where I saw the kitchen. I ran my hand over the counter top as memories came flooding back.

I sighed before walking up the stairs once more. As I walked up the stairs, I turned right and saw the room that belonged to Edward. I hesitantly entered the room and felt the sadness well up in my chest. His room was completely empty. I walked in further and dropped the torch as I fell to the ground. I covered my mouth as I let out a sob.

"Why?!" I cried as covered my face.