Chapter 51 - Breaking Dawn Part 1

It was only 3 months after our engagement and before we knew it, Edward and I had 1 day til we were to be married

It was only 3 months after our engagement and before we knew it, Edward and I had 1 day til we were to be married. Two days after Edward and I were engaged, Christopher proposed to Bella in the meadow. Because Alice was...eccentric to say the least, you can understand her joy the moment she found out Bella and I were engaged.

Given I didn't have many family or friends to come, Alice decided it would be a good idea for Bella and I to have a double wedding much to our protests. Big party, lots of guests and way over the top decorations = my worst nightmare. "Here you go Serena" said Alice as she handed me my pair of white 6-inch satin Manolo Blahnik's that had a diamond silver buckle like emblem on the toe.

I leaned against the table as I took off my shoes before sliding the heels onto my feet. I stood up and winced at the tightness of the shoe. "These hurt so much!" I exclaimed as I stood up straight. "You've just gotta break them in" said Alice. "We've been breaking them in. For three days. Can I just go barefoot?" Bella pleaded. "No! Absolutely not!" Alice said and I giggled.

"Alice, do you maybe think you're going a little overboard?" I said as I looked at Alice. "In what way?" said Alice. "The dress, the shoes and all this" Bella said and I turned looking at the venue. "No it's exactly enough" Alice said. "I think the venues perfect" I said as Carlisle and Jasper walked past with the pews in their hands.

"See, Serena has good taste" said Alice and I giggled as I took my shoes off. "Tomorrow will be perfect" Alice said reassuring Bella and I nodded. "Where do you want em boss?" Emmett asked with a huge log on his shoulder. "On either side of the aisle" Alice said. "What aisle?" Rosalie asked. "Does no one have vision?" Alice complained as she walked over to them.

I sighed as I placed my shoes back into their box before slipping my other shoes on. I looked around before my eyes landed on Edward who was standing at the balcony. "You two, go home and get lots of beauty sleep. That's an order" Alice said playfully and I giggled shaking my head before hugging her.

Bella and I left the house and I climbed into my car before driving off of the Cullen's property. Within a few minutes I arrived home and pulled my car into the driveway before climbing out. I walked to the front door and unlocked it before walking inside. "Hello?" I called out as I hung up my jacket. "Upstairs!" I heard my mom call before I made my way upstairs.

I walked into her room where I saw her closet light on and clothes come flying out of it. "What are you doing?" I said as she stepped out of her closet with several clothes in her hands. "I realised I haven't decluttered my closet in a long time. I have some stuff I haven't worn for years so I figured its time to clear it out" said my mom as she placed the clothes on her bed.

My mom turned to me and stopped what she was doing. "You ok mi amore?" said my mom as she walked over to me. "I don't know. This whole wedding thing is just stressing me out" I said as I felt myself getting chocked up. "Hey hey hey calm down. Tell you what. Why don't you run a bath, I'll give you a few minutes then help you wash your hair like the good old days ok?" said my mom as she held my arms rubbing them and I nodded.