CHAPTER - 17

My steps halt when I see my Ex-husband's mother coming out of the washroom

My steps halt when I see my Ex-husband's mother coming out of the washroom. I am seeing her first time after giving divorce to her son, the memories flash in front of my eyes. What is she doing in India?

When her gaze falls on me, I fumble two steps back. Before I could fall pair of arms securely wrap around me, the warmth itself speaks its Abir.

"Wow, you couldn't give birth to kids with my son and now roaming with someone else's son" She smirks as she removes her sunglasses.

"Who are you?" I hear Abir's voice, tilting my head I look into his eyes which are hardened with anger.

Mrs Malhotra laughs evilly as she comes towards us, "Mishti, don't you think you should tell him who I am?"

I close my eyes to drink my tears. Come on, Mishti, years ago you fought for yourself now don't fall weak. I am right so there's no need to cry or get scared. I hear Abir whispering to me if I am fine.

Taking a few breaths I open my eyes with full hatred for the Malhotras. I push Abir a little and free myself from his grip, I think I'll apologize to him later if he felt bad about it.

"Mrs Malhotra, I have come to have dinner with my lovely family. What about you? Came here to taunt me?" I raise my eyebrows at her, folding my arms around my chest I add, "I didn't know I am so precious you came to waste your valuable time on me"

"I like to teach a lesson to useless people so I am not wasting my time" She smirks at me leaving an evil chuckle.

"I think you don't know but you, yourself are useless. So, kindly spend time on yourself and learn a lesson" I snap my fingers at her and turn on my heels to leave.

"You are useless, you couldn't give birth to children. Actually, you don't have courage itself" I clench my jaw hearing her words.

"I am polite, very polite, but don't test my patience because I don't wanna create a scene here. You never know you'll be lying dead within few minutes" Turning around I glare at her, trying to keep my hands in control.

"Truth hurts! I understand, sweetheart" She pulls my cheek laughing loudly.

"Don't act too good. If I start counting your son's mistakes I can send him to jail!" I push her away from me, "It was your son's mistake! He was needy, he couldn't control himself"