CHAPTER - 01

25th December 2020

25th December 2020.

"Coming Sam" I answer my friend, Samaira who is impatiently waiting for me.

"What's taking you so long?" She entered the room irritated.

Without answering her, I comb my long wavy hairs before wearing the ring and bracelet which is matching my dark blue knee-length outfit.

"Just a second" I answer her as I could feel her annoyance, lightly brushing the make-up brush on my cheeks I smile at myself in the mirror.

"What's taking you so long Mishti?" Shreya came as her polite frustrated tone reached my ears.

"Guys! At first, you forced me to go with the landlady to buy decorating kinds of stuff for the Christmas party and got ready in my absence. When I'm getting ready you are irritated, frustrated, annoyed and what not!" I throw my hands in the air complete frustrated! I exit the room while they followed me.

The owner of this 25-floor block is throwing a Christmas party for all the flat members in the garden area. This is a sad thing that I and my roommate aka friend aka Samira have stupid fights every damn night! Our fights disturb the sleep or cosy nights of our 4 neighbours. Who end up complaining to the landlady about it and the landlady visits our flat more than twice a week, this made us act all polite types with her and she ended up being friends with us! Still Miss. Eva is great because even after so many complaints by neighbours she just scolds us and never threw us out of the apartment!

Taking the heels from the shoe rack I wear them, my phone rang, picking it up from the side table I smile as the screen showed Badi maa.

"You guys go, I'll be back after taking with Badi maa" Saying so I answered the call. After a small normal talk with her, I got to know Badi maa is planning to come to Mumbai which isn't surprising at all. In the first place, she didn't want me to leave Delhi but then she understood my situation and let me go. Badi maa willingly disconnected the call as she knew already there is part here from 7:30 pm to god knows what timing!

Taking the keys I moved out and locked the door. A sweet loud giggling sound demanded my attention, I swiftly look in the direction to find a small girl maybe around age 6-7, a cute pink frock hugging her curves with white socks and pink shoes running down the stairs.