CHAPTER - 22

"Help me out with this," Arya whined softly as she gave her colour box to me

"Help me out with this," Arya whined softly as she gave her colour box to me. Sitting next to her on the sofa I help her by choosing the colours for her scenery, then gently kiss her forehead.

"You alright?" She looks at me with a confused face.

"Yeah, I am" I close my eyes trying to wipe the worry off from my face.

She keeps staring at me trying to understand me but when she couldn't she hugs me, making me surprised yet my heart feels with warmth. "I love you" Raising her body she plants a small kiss on my cheek then hugs me again. I pull her more into me, all I need is someone to hold me, tomorrow's day has been a 'Mystery' for me.

Arya pulls back and smiles at me, then gets busy with her colouring. I drift into my past memories.

"I think we should leave for India first, don't you want your mother to know you are divorced?" Sam questioned as we came out from Rayan's house.

"I just want some time with myself" I keep my face straight not letting the heartbreak affect me.

"I know we are kind of enemies but still I want to suggest you, go to your mom. Not all mothers are like my mother!" She replied a fake chuckle escaped her lips while she hastily wiped her tear away.

"You'll be my best enemy forever, I love you" I hug her out of love and concern, she responds to the hug.

Pulling out she adds, "I am straight! So keep shut all of your dirty minds"

I chuckle, "Well, I am straight too!" giving her a simple reply I smile because I know whatever she said was just to brighten my face.

"So? Let's leave for India?" She looks at me with raised eyebrows as we walk on the silent street.

"I don't think we have any other place to spend our night. If we spend our money on a hotel room we may not be able to pay for the flight" She adds when I don't reply.

"I'll talk to Badi maa on the phone first because I don't want to cry and tell her everything." I think deeply, "I don't want her to worry about me so I'll speak on call then move to India"