CHAPTER - 37

MARRIAGE

MARRIAGE.

It is not as simple as it appears.

A fact all of us know is none of the relationships are easy to deal with. Being a child is not easy because each child tries to be the best for their parents, we face challenges to make our parents happy. Admit it, though we study for our future we do want to make our parents proud of our doing.

Just like that relationship of a parent, sibling, a friend is not simple. Each one of us makes efforts to make the other one happy even if it is not required. Each one of us tries to understand the other one which sometimes is not manageable.

Marriage is one of the complicated relationships. Here we get into an entirely new family, new people, who were one time called strangers and now named as in-laws.

Within a day I was changed from Ms to Mrs. That day everything changed, I got an extra family, extra love, extra responsibilities. I was never a fan of being the best daughter-in-law, I always wanted to be the best person. Best for myself and that is how we can be best for others.

Be good to yourself, you can be good to others.

I have learned to be selfish for my happiness. Not that for my happiness I give pain for others but I am not used to sacrificing my happiness from the time my parents passed away.

Come on, we get one life so let's live it for ourselves. If we are happy for ourselves then maybe we can give that happiness to our loved ones, let's sprinkle our happiness.

Sometimes, just try to smile in public places. Arrogant people may ignore it but that will bring a sense of softness in them. Happy people may smile back at you. Sad people may give you a fake smile but for sure that will make their day.

Life changes within a blink of your eye, one moment you have everything, and another moment you don't have anything. We should learn to adapt to these changes.

My life was changed the first time when I lost my parents. Then it changed again after my marriage. The first time it changed I got Badi maa now it changed I got a new family.