CHAPTER - 18

A soft voice falls in my ears with a gentle pat on my arm, I snuggle more into my pillow

"Abir, it's 7! I'll leave you and go for jogging now" I hear Mishti's warning, opening my eyes I look at her who is giving me an unbelievable look.

"Who calls you father? You still behave like a kid!" She rolls her eyes, getting up I stretch my arms to push away the tiredness. Resting my head on the headrest I motion Mishti to sit on the bed.

"Good morning" She greeted as she poured the coffee into two cups.

"Morning" I greet her back and smile at her. It was just yesterday she looked weak and now she is back to herself, strong and bold.

"How are feeling now?" I question taking a sip of the coffee.

Getting herself comfortable on the bed, she looked down with a plain smile, "Thank you!" She exclaimed looking at me as her eyes twinkle.

"I don't think this is the answer to my question?" I raise my eyebrow, but anyhow I was happy with her answer.

"I know, the answer to your question is - I am strong" I look at her amused while she continued, "You made me understand crying can make you strong too!"

She played with the cup as she stated, "I thought strength is that where you keep everything to yourself and behave strong. But yesterday I learnt from your strength is that where you let yourself break down into tears and then know you are strong" Raising her head she looked into my eyes, "Thank you for being with me, I think, I like you!"

My heart skipped a beat, the way she uttered those words, with admiration and honesty. I tighten my hold on the cup as I feel butterflies in my whole body.

"Never in my life, I thought I'll let a man enter in my life and let him take decisions for me, take care of me. Be it the decision to take the help of a nutritionist or to decide when and what is not right for me. How to cool down my angriness or how to give me my own privacy. You allowed me to complete my dream, which I couldn't do by giving money or by sacrificing anything. My dream, of giving love to the kids and being loved by them. I don't know how to thank you, tell me what can I do for you?" I hear to her carefully, give myself time to digest that this isn't a dream, this is reality.