𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

*Read my authors note at the end*

Alex's POV

"I personally think your room looks better than it did before."
"Is that because you are included in the pictures on my wall or?" I asked making her scoff. "No-"
I paused looking at her with a pointed look. "Okay yes but, I don't feel so bad now for sleeping over. I felt Kelley in the old place and now, we can break in the new place with our own sexy time!"

"I have a meeting to get to even though I really really want us to break the house in. I will be back around 6. You can stay if you want."
"I have to go to the hospital soon. I'm shadowing Link and Callie today."

"Did Callie and Arizona get settled into their new place?"
"Yep, I feel whole again with them moving back. I have my gay mentor back to talk gay shit with."
"Okay have fun with your gaytivities. I love you." I smiled before placing a kiss on her lips. I will never get over the feeling of her lips on mine.

. . .

I was thankful the budget meeting was over. I hate numbers, math, anything in that area unless its my paycheck. Y/n and I still don't know the sex of our baby so, I decided I could go shopping and get some outfits that are unisex. I walked into the store and to my surprise, Lexie was there.

"Hey." I smiled at Y/n's mom as I approached her. "Oh hey, Alex. I was going to ask what you're doing here but, it's a baby store. But, good you're here, Mark and I wanted to know the sex for the baby shower and we know you and Y/n don't know so I wanted to check with you before Addison told me."

"Oh yeah, that's totally fine and thank you by the way. You two really don't have to go through the trouble. I mean, after everything that's happened-"

"Alex, we got off on the wrong foot, things came out in a way they probably shouldn't have. As long as Y/n's happy and the baby is healthy, I'm okay. You make my daughter happy like no other girl I've seen her with so, thank you. She really loves you."

"Sorry." I said as I turned away to quickly blink my tears away. "It's okay, trust me, when I was pregnant with Y/n, I was crying a lot."

"These random bursts of emotions come at the most random times, it's so annoying, I don't think I've ever cried this much in my life." I say making Lexie laugh as we continued to walk around the store together. She told me how she got into medicine, how she met Mark, how Y/n was as a kid before I shared some things about myself. It was nice to get to know her. It made things feel a bit normal now. And in the next 5 months, things would be normal. Y/n will graduate and I can love her out in the open. No more secrets, no more hiding how I truly feel. I'll be able to breathe. I've felt like I was holding my breath keeping this a secret. Y/n is my endgame and I can't wait for the whole world to see that.

. . .

TIME SKIP: January (Sorry y'all lmao)

Y/n's POV

"Okay balloons here, we're ready!" My mom said as Alex and I walked in. We decided to match and wear white since we don't know the sex or anything yet and my mom said we would find that out today. Apparently she told our guests so they could get the right gifts and my friends have kept their mouths shut, surprisingly. River used the secret to mess with me. I wanted to be surprised.

"Wow." Alex whispered and I turned to look in the direction she was staring. Her family walked in and her mother was with them. "Okay, is this a Y/n kick her out wow or a I'm happy my mom is here wow ?" "I don't know? Ask me again when she does something snarky or stupid."