𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Alex's POV

Tonight the homecoming game is happening and the homecoming court will be named. I know Y/n is nominated. I was still slightly upset after Y/n asked Sophia to Homecoming but, it's just a dance right? It's not like they're actually dating. Plus, I should be fixing things with Kelley.

Only thing playing in my mind is the fact that Kelley's mom told me that Kelley was never in Georgia and if she was, she clearly wasn't with her family. There is absolutely no reason for her to go to Georgia anymore other than if she's with her family.

I kept thinking about what Allie accused Kelley of. I don't think it could be true. Seeing as Kelley got so mad at the fact that I cheated on her, she wouldn't do it to me. I hate it. The fact that I cheated on her and the fact that I may have feelings for Y/n. It's all a big mess.

Kelley's been giving me the cold shoulder even though I've been trying to fix things with her. It's like she doesn't even want to try and work things out so maybe she doesn't love me anymore. Maybe Love wasn't enough to save our relationship.

I wanted to call Allie because I needed to vent. Allie wasn't necessarily the person I wanted to talk to but, Y/n and I aren't on good enough terms for me to talk to her and I'm afraid if I call her in here, we'll end up having sex.

Now I really think about it, I don't want to talk to Allie at all. She'll just try and convince me Kelley is cheating. There has to be another explanation for all of this.

.  .  . 

Y/n's POV

"I had to look somewhat decent for the homecoming court thing. I can't look like a hobo."
"Yeah but come on, you're not going to win." River jokes. "Babe, yes she is. We support this."
"I know I know, I'm sorry." River says before pecking Ava on the cheek. They're annoying. Or maybe I'm just lonely.... no, they're just annoying.

I walked up to Sophia before slipping my hands around her waist from behind. She rested her head against my shoulder and I could see her smiling. "So, I really hope we win. How cute would that be?"
"Cute except for the fact that I probably won't."
"Oh come on yes you will Y/n/n."
"You're going to win because you're on the soccer team and everyone likes you because you're hot."
"And so are you, partially why I like you."

I blushed a little bit at her words as I let go of her waist and intertwined our fingers instead. Our school was playing Highmore High School. We've had a rivalry with them for forever. I sat in the bleachers with Sophia and my friends as we waited for kick off. The homecoming court would be announced at half time.

. . .

So far our school was up 21-3. I'm kind of a sports junkie. Just a little bit so of course I was paying attention. Sophia and I made our way down the bleachers to the field as the schools leadership and event group kids out a mini stage together. The Freshmen homecoming court got announced first, followed by the Sophomores, the Juniors and now the seniors.

Sophia and I lined up amongst the other nominees and I couldn't keep my eyes off of Alex. She stood off to the side as the Leadership president began to read off the names of the nominees. For a brief second, Alex and I locked eyes and she quickly looked away.

That's what pisses me off. She's so annoying for that. She acts like I'm the plague or something. No one told her to let me stick her with Big Sloan.

Gosh I sound like my dad.

"And you're homecoming King is, or I guess you could say Queen 1 is Y/n Sloan!" Oh shit. Haha suck it River.
Alex walked over to me, hesitant since she had to crown me. She had the fake crown in hand and the stash to put over my shoulder. She paused as she stood in front of me. "Congrats." She whispered and I just nodded as I bent down so she could put the stash and crown on me. I let my eyes linger on hers and she shook her head quickly before grabbing the other crown and stash for the real Queen.