Chapter 18

Exams were never Akali’s best skill due to focusing and completely understanding the topic. No matter how much Evelynn would try to teach her it would end up as a complete teasing session that ended with cuddling and falling asleep in each other's arms. 

She was alone in her room due to Evelynn being at the store and getting Akali her own comfort food since Evelynn’s exam scores for her classes were practically golden despite having yet to take them.

Akali was glad she was mentally healthy considering all that happened at that shitty ball they crashed.

Her thoughts instantaneously wandered to the very same night that made them official and solved a family issue all in one. 

To Akali it sounded like an absolute win no matter how things had played out in the first place, Evelynn got what she wanted which was all that mattered in the end. 

Akali got who she wanted which was better than nothing at all.

“Why the hell is that dumb sodium-filled ramen so expensive?! Fuck that cheap trash. I bought something better.” Evelynn closed the door behind her and tossed away her jacket onto the sofa. 

Akali giggled while rolling her eyes playfully.

She sat up and closed her textbook, eager to welcome her girlfriend back while running out of the room and hugging the magenta-haired beauty from behind with a large smile.

“Welcome back, dear.” Akali was met with a kiss on her forehead.

“Thank you.” Evelynn smiled softly and continued to set up what she’d collected and hummed softly, amber eyes glancing back at the now relaxed female.

“Hard at work?” She asked the smaller girl while grabbing a large bowl.

Akali nodded and pulled away, swaying her hips as her hands were behind her back. She’d looked exhausted from all the hours of going through her textbooks and rereading notes.

Evelynn reached into her pocket and pulled out a small box of candy cigarettes.

“Huh?” Akali tilted her head as she watched Eve place the stick against her tongue and make a fake lighting motion.

“Just candy to hold me down.”

The former street artist huffed.

“My lips could do that too but you’re quite busy.”

A small snicker formed across her lips, eyes flickering with amusement as she took the small candy out of her mouth and tossed it into the trash can before turning and licking her lips.

“Then prove it, Rogue.” She taunted playfully, knowing Akali needed a break from all of her studying. 

Never once had she seen her girlfriend work this hard, it had honestly impressed her to an extent.

Akali stood higher and brushed a thumb against the Diva’s cheek before pulling her into a warm kiss, Evelynn wrapping her arms around the singer without hesitation. 

Her nails dug into the brunette’s back as she pulled her closer, pinning the females back to the table and making sure to avoid anything she’d sat out.

Arms wrapping around Evelynn’s neck, Akali gave in happily before breaking for air as the siren's lips connected with the rapper’s neck while she desperately hid a moan before composing herself. 

Her face covered in a bright red blush, taking a deep breath before being able to speak.

“Not right now, We’ve got lunch to make and you have to help me with exams just like when we first met.”