Chapter Seven

Pacing back and forth in the bathroom she rubbed the pearl on her earring to distract herself. The bathroom had never felt so small before. Like the four walls were inching in closer with every passing minute, every passing minute which felt like an hour in itself.

When both Scott and Stiles had gotten home they'd enveloped her in the tightest hug possible claiming that they'd thought that she was dead. She was not dead, naturally and had to give a lengthy explanation that she had no idea what had happened. She was then told that they'd bumped into Derek and Peter and that the pair had apparently joint forces. Words which had made her sick.

Hearing the sound of the alarm go off, she pressed stop on it before grabbing the object which had spiked so much fear into her heart. Two stripes. Placing it in her pocket, she walked back to her bedroom but she couldn't see anything. It was all just a blur in her mind.

Making it to her room, she collapsed onto the floor as tears stung at her eyes. She had no idea what she was supposed to do now: she wasn't ready for this, she was just a child in her own eyes, how would she tell him, how would she tell anybody? All of it were questions that blurred in her mind until there was nothing. Nothing but heartbeats, except there wasn't just one, but two, but she couldn't hear the second.

Grabbing onto her laptop she went into google and her hands hovered over the keys for a moment before she began to type in the words. Each one seemed to kill her heart and yet she had to continue. Going through the results, her vision began to blur as she tried to find something. There were so many results, but that didn't mean she could rationalise it within her own mind. The only way she could get rid of the problem. The only way she could destroy the problem before it became a bigger problem.

Hearing a knock on her door, she glanced up to see her mom stood there all dressed up, "hey Hayley, I'm going to be..." she trailed off as she saw the state of not only her daughter, but her daughters room, "what happened?"

"Nothing, it's fine... erm, what were you gonna say?" She asked as she pushed herself to her feet, her knees going weak as she did so.

"I'm gonna be late tonight. I've got a date, how do I look?" Melissa asked her voice weary and Hayley pushed her lips together in a smile.

"Beautiful, you look absolutely beautiful," she complimented and Melissa smiled in turn.

"Are you sure you're gonna be alright? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Of course." But she couldn't tell her anything at all.

Hearing the door bell ring her eyes went wide, "oh, god I'm not ready," she muttered, "Scott! Get the door!" She called out and Scott groaned, but nether the less walked towards the stairs to do as told. The bell never stop ringing, "Scott! For the love of God, please! Hey... What are you doing? Aren't you gonna invite him in?"

As the house went silent, Hayley slipped back into her position on the floor as she tried to figure out what she was supposed to do next. There was nothing she could do. Absolutely nothing.

"Hayley!" Scott's voice shouted as he stormed into her room, "It's Peter! The alpha is dating mom! You have to do something!"

"What?" She asked the words not registering in her mind.

"Mom's going out with the alpha," he hissed being wary not to speak too loud as Allison was in his room. She'd gone round in want of a talk.

"I don't..."

"You have to do something-"

"Why?!" She finally snapped whirling around to look at him, "I didn't even want to be in this supernatural crap in the first place!" She shouted, "so why is it, I have to have all of the bloody answers?" He flinched back and despite the guilt which pooled in her stomach she turned around running her hands through the hair on her scalp. He walked out of the room and she waited until she heard the door slam shut before she stormed over to the drawers knocking every item which was sat on top of it across to the floor. "Fuck," she cried as tears continued to fall down her cheeks.