Chapter Thirty-Two

Scratching the back of her head in hopes of waking herself up, Hayley ignored the constant complaining coming from Peter as she sluggishly walked into the main area with a yawn. Derek and Peter were sat in the middle with Derek sewing the tip of Peter's finger back onto his hand whilst Talia was sat in the feeding chair playing with both her cow toy and a rattle. Every so often she'd throw it onto the floor and Derek would have to leave the needle in Peter's finger as he went to go grab it and give it back to her, although she'd end up throwing it down within seconds afterwards.

It hadn't even been a full twenty-four hours since Derek and Peter had returned from their trip to Mexico and South America, and in that twenty-four hours Hayley had done everything she could to catch up on the sleep she'd missed. Derek hadn't minded dealing with Talia since in his own eyes the child was his entire world. It was like Talia was everything except the tiny country of England and that England was everyone else. None of them even compared to his child.

"God, you complain more than the baby," Hayley muttered as she took a seat on the sofa watching it amused and Peter turned and glared at her whilst Derek's lips quirked up in a smirk. Her shirt was dishevelled and her hair which had been tossed into a bun was also incredibly messy. Over-all it was ovious that she'd only just woken up and that she was growing increasingly annoyed by the men in front of her. She was only thankful Talia wasn't crying.

"Don't you have any anesthetic?" Peter asked as he looked over to his nephew, and Derek smirked with a nod.

"Yup."

"What are you even doing?" Hayley asked as she peered over it and seeing the tip of the finger she began to grimace. "Peter, for god sake, your forty years old stop doing stupid things," she scoffed throwing her hand out at the sight and Peter looked up to her with a glare.

"I'm not forty."

"Well you look it," she mocked just as Derek finished up.

"Well, are you at least going to tell me what I risked life-- and digit-- for?" He asked, and Hayley looked over to him again.

"Sorry what?"

"I'm going to show you," he said, ignoring Hayley and pulling out a wooden box which had a triskele on. Opening the lid, both Hayley and Peter peered into it to see a perfectly laid out set of claws, "after the fire, that's all that was left of her..."

"Talia," at Peter's word the baby Talia called attention to herself thinking they were talking about her, "I can't decide if that's touching or morbid." He admitted, "I guess the real question is... What are you planning on doing with them?"

"I have to ask her something, and, from what I've heard, this is the only way it's possible."

Peter's face fell whilst Hayley looked over to Derek confused, "you gotta be kidding me!"

"Why do you think I sewed your finger back on?"

"Don't tell me you can speak to the dead now?" Hayley asked as she looked between them, "do not tell me that this supernatural world is so messed up that you can speak to the dead?" She repeated. Derek only glanced at her with a shrug, "oh good lord. I'm too old for this shit." Except, she was twenty so her youth was not fleeting nor was it in a position where she was too old. Yet still, nothing ages you like being a parent.

"You know, there's always an element of danger to rituals like this..." Peter cut in, and Hayley sighed as she crossed her arms not particularly happy with the fact that everyone seemed to be ignoring her recently. Derek only narrowed his eyes as he looked at his uncle with suspcion filling his orbs, "I'm not particularly fond of them... unless they somehow... benefit me..."