Chapter Thirty-Five

"I don't get why you won't stop crying," Hayley rushed out as she stared at her daughter in dismay. She hadn't stopped crying since entering the loft many, many, many hours ago. Her hair was a mess as well as her clothes and she couldn't even ask Derek because he'd been busy looking for Stiles the entire time. "I've fed you, I've changed you, I've done other things, I've done everything on the list so will you please stop crying and go to sleep," she begged, but it was hopeless.

Sensing something in the corner of her eye, she whirled around only to see a blue blinking light. Her eyes narrowed as she charged over to it pulling it out of its hiding place. It was an emitter. One of the beacon's the Argents had been using to draw the supernatural creatures to them. Frowning, she tossed it around until she could see the off button before she looked back to Talia. She'd been crying because she'd been hearing it all night.

"Okay, to grandma's we go," she muttered as she grabbed onto the emergency bag and picking up Talia.

Once she'd dropped the baby off with Melissa, she found herself knocking on Argent's door with one hand whilst her other one was on her hip with the emitter caught in it. She was tapping her foot against the ground impatiently and she was absolutely fuming. She was still a dishevelled mess and barely a year ago she would be embarrassed to leave the house looking so out of it, but right now she couldn't care less.

The door swung open revealing a confused Chris and she brought the hand she was using to knock on the door onto her hip, "what the hell is your problem?" She asked.

"'Scuse me?"

"You're leaving emitter's in the loft with a baby. A baby who hasn't stopped crying because this stupid thing-" she began raising the emitter to show him, "was going off all night!"

"I thought you said you weren't pregnant," he countered causing her to roll her eyes.

"If you did believe me then that's on you bud, that's your mistake," she scoffed, just as the sound of disruption came from within side the Argent apartment, "what was that?"

"I don't know," he admitted walking in and grabbing onto his gun. She followed after him holding the emitter as if it were a baseball bat as they crept over towards his office. He didn't even mention the fact that she was following him since when it came to the supernatural world even an ounce of help can impact it greatly.

As they made it into the office, Hayley breathed out in relief rolling her eyes as she did so. It was just Derek holding another emitter. "Lose something?" He asked holding up the one he was holding.

"Why are you breaking into my apartment?" Argent asked.

Derek looked over to Hayley in question as to what she was doing there and she held up the emitter causing Derek to look back to Chris. "Why are you leaving emitters in my loft?"

"I have no idea why they would be in your loft. I spent the entirety of the last two days trying to find Stiles," Argent urged, and Hayley placed the emitter down onto the table stepping closer to Derek. She still didn't like Argent.

"Any luck?"

"...No."

"Me, neither," Derek admitted. That was obvious from the lack of Stiles and the panic which surrounded the situation. "Okay, we're both trying to find Stiles. Mind if I ask what you plan on doing if you find him?"

"Well, that depends on which Stiles I find."

"If you're insinuating that you're going to kill him, then I'm going to tell both of you now, that you will be following him in death," Hayley warned looking between them.