Chapter Fifteen

"You know I don't know what happened to me, ten year old Hayley was a genius," she mused as she dunked the McDonald's chicken nugget into the strawberry milkshake and Derek and Isaac could only watch her with disgust on their faces. They didn't know whether they should comment on it or not, although considering they'd gone through the entire weekend with no bickering or arguing they should they should leave it.

"What did happen to you?" Isaac asked and she shrugged.

"Dunno, went to college... realised I had no brain...dropped out of college...and now I'm here," she mused, "I really should have stayed in college."

"What did you do?"

"Art history. I sucked at it though. I should have never done anything that actually requires being smart," she mused, "where's the other one anyway?" She asked and they looked at her confused, "blondie. She's always here, so where is she? What are you up to?"

"We're not up to anything," Isaac said quickly and Derek sighed looking to the floor as Hayley rolled her head to look at him.

"Just because I wasn't smart enough for college doesn't mean I'm stupid. You lie like Scott does," she mused grabbing another nugget. "Oh, Derek...I booked an appointment, the first ultrasound so if you're not busy tomorrow...which I know full well that you're not. It's at 2 o'clock," she explained.

"You want me to go with you?" He seemed surprised at the news and she looked up at him slowly with her eyes narrowed.

"No, I just told you to come because I wanted you on the other side of the planet," she drawled and he rolled his eyes at her remark before he fell back in his chair. Hearing the sound of footsteps and someone being dragged, Derek looked up at the door before he glanced back at Hayley. He knew that the next few actions were going to bring a new onslaught of arguments.

Looking over to Isaac, the pair had a silent argument and the boy stood to his feet walking over to the door to prevent Erica from entering the room. "You know, it's getting late you should be going to bed," he said and she looked at him questioningly.

"Excuse me?"

"Well, after Friday night I think you should be taking it easy and you should be getting plenty of rest," he explained, but it did nothing to satisfy her.

"You're up to something."

"What?"

"Everytime you try and boss me around and tell me to go to bed it's because you're about to do something that you know I won't like. So what are you doing?"

He stood to his feet walking over to her, "if you know what I'm doing then why do you always have to make things difficult?" He questioned and she sighed pushing herself up to her feet and crossing her arms to mirror his actions.

"Oh, when will you learn Derek. It's not what you say nor why you say it. It's how you say it. You need to learn that we're not all children you can boss around and treat like your little sired bitches," she pointed out, "so if you ask nicely I might consider complying, but don't count on it."

He glared at her for a few seconds before he shook his head slightly, "alright then, will you please go to your room so I can handle pack business without arguments and without putting you and my baby in danger," he said and she kept her gaze on his.

"Our."

"What?"

"It's our baby. Not your baby." She pointed out and he sighed closing his eyes growing irritated at all, "but congratulations, you're actually becoming a better person. Who would have thought that all it took was effective communication," she teased, "just this once...I'll disappear for an hour, but only an hour," she warned and he nodded watching as she took her food and went back to her bedroom.