Chapter Twenty

"We need to talk," Derek said, as they neared the corner of the Beacon Hills high school hall to get into the locker room. They being Peter, Derek, Hayley. Since simply going to the school wasn't going to put her in much danger it had been decreed safe enough by the over-protective dad to be.

Both Scott and Isaac turned around, with the former's face freezing over as he saw Peter, "all of us."

"Holy sh...What the hell is this?" Scott asked looking between them.

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station..." Derek began, and Hayley looked to him confused.

"What?"

"Okay, hold on! He-he threatened to kill my mom! And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

"Wait, what?!" She repeated, why was no-one telling her anything? Those were both very important details in the case and no-one had even thought to tell her as to why any of it was happening. In her eyes that was both incredibly rude and incredibly disappointing from both of them.

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous!" Peter asked.

"Shut up!" Both Derek and Scott snapped.

"Don't talk about my mother that way, you can't have her," Hayley added on, and Peter rolled his eyes whilst Isaac was still looking between everyone confused.

"Who is he?"

"That's Peter, Derek's uncle. A little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat," Scott explained and Peter offered a smile and gave a little wave.

"Hi."

"...that's good to know."

"How is he alive?" Scott grit out.

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson... and maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful... except Jackson's dead," Isaac pointed out, and the three adults looked to him confused.

"What?" Derek asked, being the first to react.

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field," Isaac said, before he looked around at their faces. They were all not taking it as good news for different reasons. Both the werewolves because that meant a new side to the plan was brewing and the human because a child was dead and she'd fought Derek so many times on keeping the boy alive and now he was dead. "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen-- Gerard wanted it to happen," Peter reminded.

"But why?"

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out," Peter began as he looked around his eyes filled with irritation, "and something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

Since Peter was convinced that he had a plan and some help, the five of them all rushed to the old Hale house and Peter was scaling on the stairs trying to find something. Scott soon walked into the room his phone in his hand, "Oh. Oh, they found Stiles!"

"Stiles was missing?" Hayley asked, looking to the boys confused, "I swear to god if you boys don't tell me one more thing then I am going to skin you alive," she warned pointing between both Scott and Isaac and Isaac recoiled slightly at her tone.

"Yes ma'am," he agreed and Scott nodded slightly before they turned back to look at the stairs. Both Peter and Derek were staring at her, the latter with a small smirk.