Chapter Forty-Seven

"The Deadpool is over," Derek said as he fell back on the sofa and Hayley glanced up from the magazine she was reading to look at him. He'd spent the day with Braeden and Satomi's pack fighting against hunters and assassins and all sorts. She raised her brow as an invitation for him to continue, "Lydia and Peter were at the station with Meredith. The other banshee? When Peter was in a coma, Meredith got into his head and he subconsciously made a Deadpool and formulated the whole plan," he explained.

Talia was in bed now.

"So you're saying..." Hayley began, "Peter Hale...your uncle put our baby daughter on a Deadpool?" She asked and he hesitated before sighing.

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"You're family's messed up," she finalised as she shut the magazine and he hummed in agreement, "so that means it's over? No more assassins, no more hunters, peace now?" She asked and he nodded a slight smile on his face.

"Should be," he confirmed, "now we just need to work out what Kate did to me."

It was silent for a few seconds before a smile fell on her face and she leapt over the coffee table to get to the sofa he was sat on. He grunted as she fell beside him although there was a large smile on his face as well. There was no weight that hung over them or anything that felt particularly worrying. It was just them and they got to be happy together for once. They didn't have to fear for their lives.

"So...you're saying that we're closer to getting out of this little shitty town?" She asked and he nodded.

"That's exactly what I'm saying," he droned. She hummed out in contemplation of the words before she rested her head against his shoulders and he reached around to wrap his arm around her.

"We're actually gonna be able to get a full seven hours of sleep without being woken up by werewolves or whatever," she mused and he chuckled slightly. "That reminds me. Bedtime."

"I thought Talia was already asleep," he said confused as she pushed herself to her feet and she looked over to him with her brow raised.

"I meant for me. Being a full-time mom may not be like my mom's job...but it's still exhausting. Especially when I have to deal with your ass as well," she teased and he rolled his eyes as he looked up at her.

"You love my ass."

"I love my ass too, doesn't make me not an exhausting person. Now you should be getting your ass to bed. It's eleven o'clock at night what do you think you're doing awake?" she added on and he chuckled shaking his head but she was already walking off. It was around ten minutes before he followed after.

Despite not having any werewolf senses, when the alarm in the loft began to flash red (it had been muted for their daughter's benefit which they supposed was more for themselves) he instantly woke up. Pushing himself up and away from Hayley he looked around but saw nothing. They were still on their way up to the loft.

As the warmth left her back, Hayley instinctively brought the duvet closer to her face in hopes of keeping warm. "Hayley," he whispered tapping her shoulder and she groaned pulling the duvet over her face instead. "Hayley," he called out slightly louder and hearing the sound of him grabbing onto the gun she woke up.

Pushing her head over the duvet, she blinked at him squinting through the grogginess which had overcome her. "What?" She asked.

"Someone's broken in," he muttered.

Climbing out of the bed, Derek's t-shirt that she'd nicked was hanging loosely from her body and her hair was a tattered mess but she didn't care about that as they crept towards the door. She cared about how cold it was though since it seemed to seep into her feet and up her legs.